X

empty gauge pod

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• empty gauge pod

I have an empty small guage pod next to my fuel gauge on my 1999 kat I was wondering if there was a option to fill this spot as an option in 1999. What would be my options on filling it with a factory gauge, clock, amp , etc from another year bike.
    Mind over matter , if you don't mind it doesn't matter

my 05 has a clock and its small......might be that

"I'm not bad...I'm just drawn that way..."
    Jessica Rabbit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3iUp9UjuMo

Comment

My 06 has a clock as well - I think if I was going to replace it I would get one of the temp gauges thaty Cyber has to put into that hole - I am thinking of doing it anyway...

Comment

(A) The '98 and early '99 models didn't have anything in that spot. The clock shows up in the '00 models officially, but some '99 models shipped with it.

(B) Suzuki gets $140 or so for the clock add-on, and I'm not sure if the 98/99 models without it even have the pin connectors for it. Cheapest way to get the OEM clock is to get another gauge cluster (used) and install it.

(C) The clock is a thin-wafer design, and underneath it is the main circuit-board for the whole gauge cluster. No gauge that I've found can be fit into that hole, although I have seen stick-on clocks that will fit over the Suzuki logo. My oil temp gauge is definitely both too large and too deep to fit there.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Go to an auto parts store , get a clock with double-sided sticky tape , stick it in there .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
          X