1993 GSX 1100 Katana Battery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 GSX 1100 Katana Battery

OK whats going on.

Nobody has the battery for my 1993 GSX 1100 Katana in stock.
    Further more Sears wants 70+ dollars for a replacement battery.
    Is there something special about the battery for this bike. I see others that I can fit into the bike but I'm trying to go with what is recommended.
    The big W mart doesn't even carry a generic brand replacement for this bike.

I was about to suggest Wally Mart. That is where I got my last one. Have you tried an auto parts store? Sometimes they have them.

Also do a search for batteries posted by Cyber Poet. I remember him having a list somewhere of cross-reference numbers for replacement batteries.

You could also try PM'ing Mojoe... he is a long time 1100 rider and may have some ideas.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

OEM Recommended Replacement: Maint Free Yuasa YTX14AHL-BS
      OR OEM Original: Yuasa YuMicron YB14L-B2

Both should be available via any battery store or dealership, although either may have to order it. For more info, fitment concerns, etc., see the fitment database at http://www.yuasabatteries.com/

If you want a Generic replacement, get a 14 Amp-hour battery with the same dimensions as either of the above (including terminal locations -- reversed and you'll need longer cables) and a CCA rating of 190 or higher.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i would recommend the yuasa YTX14AHL-BS. exact same size and maintenance free. i got one in my 92 750 and it cranks the bike well and i never wonder if it is going to fire the bike up. and the maintenance free was ten bucks more than the original, so why not.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Working...
        X