X

New saddle bags - Nelson-Riggs Deluxe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New saddle bags - Nelson-Riggs Deluxe

Just go my new sport bags from Nelson-Riggs. So far so good. The only complaint I have is that they block the rear pegs. i would have to remove them in order to carry a passenger.
    Attached Files
    2006 Kan-A-Tuna GSX-F 750

They Look great. . Did you try putting them on the other way so that the smaller (tapered) end was at the front? Might not block the pegs as much, and would probably keep the bags further from the exhaust.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

I have the same bags and don't have that problem. The only real difference I see is that I strapped the bags over the top of the rear seat - it raises the bags up enough to where the rear pegs are useable (keeps the right bag further away from the exhaust too). You run yours under...

Going over the top doesn't look as clean, but it gets the job done.
      Last edited by VifferJim; 02-28-2008, 01:03 PM.
      "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Originally posted by jgmann67 View Post
        I have the same bags and don't have that problem. The only real difference I see is that I strapped the bags over the top of the rear seat - it raises the bags up enough to where the rear pegs are useable (keeps the right bag further away from the exhaust too). You run yours under...

Going over the top doesn't look as clean, but it gets the job done.
        I can raise them up about another inch or so. I plan to work on it some more tonight and see if I can move them back some how another few inches. I may have to modify the straps some. I really dont want to go over the top of the seat.. I really like my Corbin and dont want it getting all deformed from the bags resting on them. I will post back once I get them lined out.

Comment

Those are a real good size. How much and where did you get them?
          Michael

Comment

Originally posted by kriminaal View Post
            Those are a real good size. How much and where did you get them?
            $129.00 no shipping from JCWhitney.

Comment

Decent price. But looking at the photo again. They are resting right on the pipe. Hopefully you can adjust them out of range.
              Michael

Comment

Originally posted by kriminaal View Post
                Decent price. But looking at the photo again. They are resting right on the pipe. Hopefully you can adjust them out of range.
                I was able to get them on and further towards the back. The rear strap that goes over/under the seat - I was able to actually get it between the back of the seat and the grab bar. The bags are high enough (minimum 1 inch) from the exhaust and far enough back to be able to use rear pegs for a passenger!!

Now that I have them installed and used them this morning... They ROCK!:mrgreen:

I dont have my digi cam today. I will try to post up pics on Monday.

Comment

Nice addition, I might look in to a pair soon
                  myspace
                  2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Awesome. I need a good fitting large pair that still accommodates a passenger.
                    Michael

Comment

Those are nice bags. I'm going to order the same ones. I have the Nelson Riggs CL-350 tank bag already and really like it.

They are cheaper at NewEnough.com $105 w/ free shipping

Also, the saddlebags have heat shield on the bottom of them to protect against burning the bag, if it touches the pipe. I would still try to get it off of the pipe though.
                      2007 Honda CBR600rr
                      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
                        Those are nice bags. I'm going to order the same ones. I have the Nelson Riggs CL-350 tank bag already and really like it.

They are cheaper at NewEnough.com $105 w/ free shipping

Also, the saddlebags have heat shield on the bottom of them to protect against burning the bag, if it touches the pipe. I would still try to get it off of the pipe though.
                        Great price!! I tweaked the install some more yesterday before the storm came in. The bags are now about two inches higher and are even with the back of the rear fairing. I will try again to get pics tomorrow when it is sunny.

Now that they are installed, I LOVE 'EM!!

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
                          They Look great. . Did you try putting them on the other way so that the smaller (tapered) end was at the front? Might not block the pegs as much, and would probably keep the bags further from the exhaust.

I thought they were supposed to be installed with the small end pointing forward...
                          -Steve

sigpic
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                            I thought they were supposed to be installed with the small end pointing forward...
                            I would have thought so too

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

DOWCO makes a set that will fit tha katana, saddle bags, tail pack, tank bag, one big set for about $144 called the Rally pack....any one interested should check those out.... http://www.dowco-inc.com/Prod_Power....rodID=50114-00

Good bags too, i loved them

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X