X

Helmet of the Year: GMX GMax GM68S

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iacon View Post
    I ordered the same helmet with a extra silver indurim tent shield shield too, i paid around $127 for both,around $20 for the extra shield. The only problem is I have to wait until some time in Nov. until it gets in
    Where'd you order it from? I got mine from dsrpowersports.com and received it in a week. I ordered mine a few months ago though.

Their inventory might have thinned out by now, but they had plenty in stock when I had placed my order.

Comment

I got it from a local distributor of gmax, he let me have the helmet for $99 so i don't mind the wait

Comment

long sentence... yeah i was bored so whatever... and the 30 dollar silver tent shield does not come with the helemt... a black tent shield does... the differance between the two is one is black on the outside and one is mirrored on the outside... i got my "mirror shield" from "DSRpowersports" dont really like the price but it was one of the only sites i could find at the time... hope this helps maybe i should post a pic??

FOR A 100$ BUCKS ITS A GREAT DEAL FOR ALL THE EXTRA CRAP YOU GET WITH IT> I LOVE/LIKE THE HELMET

Oh well. At least you got a free helmet out of it [/quote]

HECK YA! it made my friggin day wait week! now a gots a extra lid for some skank that wants ta ride... and another thing my buddy chuck can rip on me for. for being so/too excessive... two bikes three (new)helmets.... three differant bags (W) 2 jobs, two guns,... the list goes on and on... ****head wont let it die
        Last edited by Ana-Katana; 10-10-2008, 01:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Happiness
        Is a
        Warm Gun.

Comment

Can anyone tell me how the sizing of this helmet compares to the HJC CL-SP? I have an XL CL-SP so I am curious to see how it compares since I heard the gmax was setup for "rounder" (basketball) heads.

Comment

So hard to find a helmet with LEDs offline... at least where I live.

Comment

f*ing sweet helmet.. just got it the other day fits great and looks better.. leds are cool dont see them much =)

Comment

Originally posted by TarzanMan View Post

WTF does THAT have to do with anything Mr. one post wonder? I was friends with him BEFORE he became a gear rep and had Scorpion helmets before then as well.

Good on all of you that are happy with this helmet. I know I was not and a huge part of that reason is because it simply is the wrong shape for my head.
                Ron
                MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

I just had a GMAX gm58 helmet delivered. $53.35 from BIKEBANDIT.I ordered it on 10/28/08 and it arrived today. Could,nt get the color I wanted so got the yellow,black, gray. It looks really good. I was surprised at the quality. Much better than my old Bieffe.Not ridden the bike with it on yet, but its really comfortable.I will never pay big $$$$ again for a helmet. Oh I did read the Motorcyclists article on DOT V SNELL seems we have been getting robbed for years by the overpriced helmet makers.

Comment

Good info- I have been looking at a really expensive Nolan. I may have to re-think

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis1961 View Post
                      Good info- I have been looking at a really expensive Nolan. I may have to re-think
                      Look for a N101 or N102 instead of the N103 and you'll save a ton on the Nolan... I have an N101 and an N102, and am eyeballing the N103...
                      I like the N101 more than the others (covers more in the rear & chin areas; that external visor on the N102 is cool in the dry, but sucks in the rain (if you flip it up, the rear ledge drops rain into the edge of visor-to-helmet edge), and the bottom edge [of the external tinted visor] tends to wear a line in the main visor over a few thousand miles when down.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet

Last edited by The CyberPoet; 11-01-2008, 11:47 AM.
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i got my nolan and love it. only regret....didn't buy 2.

i got a x801, will keep it and go for a modular design. you can pick the x801 up for cheap. I got mine about 10 months ago for $130-$150, then tack on the two screens($40 each). But be advised if you want a smoked visor, get a dark smoked or dark green as they say. I have the us importer info if you cannot find them.

I do however like the half smoked visor version on the n models, though i think i can buy a pivot kit and make my helmet the same way....might do that next season.

nolan's site sucks, well mostly as it has been down for nearly a year.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Yeah . I got a card from a Nolan rep at Indy . I can give you their number . GREAT freakin people ! Was looking around for a visor for my X901 , couldn't find one ANYWHERE . Dude hooked me right up .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

hmmm idk if it was also SNELL approved i would say good deal. its just me but all the helmets i buy HAVE to be. I got a ZOX helmet with a visor and bag for 160 shipped, ill post up some pics later

Comment

Working...
                            X