X

2006 Kat 750 with 52 liter top case

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Kat 750 with 52 liter top case

Here is my Kat with the Fieldsheer softside saddlebags and the new GIVI 52 liter top case installed (please excuse the rain covers on the saddlebags it was raining on the way home and left them on to dry).

Installation took about 1.5 hours total. I should have been able to do this faster but this was my first time taking the rear plastics off and had to figure it out. This included wiring in the break light kit that came pre-installed in the case.

Initial impressions:

Rack kit fit like a glove as it was mode for the model specific bike with no searching for hardware such as spacers, bolts or things of that nature. The break light kit worked as advertised. One thing to note on the break light wiring there were no directions to tell which wire is hot and which is ground and it may not matter. I wired the blue wire to the hot wire and the black to the ground and it worked. Break lights add a lot of extra light when the breaks are applied so I would say worth the extra $30 just for safety.

Getting the case on the mounting plate was easy once I understood that you have to give it a pretty hard shove to lock in place. Once on the bike no wiggles other than normal vibration. This kit lets you keep your grab rail in place where some of the others do not (bonus). I ordered and installed the optional backrest and after drilling the hole I noticed no water in the case after sitting in the rain at Bike Night or after the ride home in the rain.

Getting the case open takes getting used to and should get easier with a little use to break it in.

If any of you want to see pics of the case without the saddlebags installed please let me know and I will take some and post.
    If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

wow! looks solid and roomy. very nice!

how does it fare on the interstate?
    One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

Don't know about the freeway riding yet. I will find that out Monday when I take her to work as usual. I will post an update to let you know.
      If you enjoy the freedom to ride, if you enjoy the freedom to ride anywhere you want, Thank a US Military Vet. THANKS FOR SERVING!!!!

Comment

Case won't make much of a difference unless you load it with a LOT of crap . I use mine daily . Not as large as THAT one . I think mine's only 31l .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Freeway riding no problem. Only thing that I have noticed is that turn in seems to just a bit quicker, but once you get into the turn you never know its there. Just about the same as I have noticed with other top cases that I have had on bikes in the past.

Comment

that's totally awesome! having the capacity to lock your valuables on your bike must be a Godsend. thanks for the post.
            One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

Originally posted by ronin
              that's totally awesome! having the capacity to lock your valuables on your bike must be a Godsend. thanks for the post.
              Yes , it IS nice . Just know that it ain't TERRIBLY pricey to get a decent setup . Need a luggage rack ($100 or so) , and a trunk with the base (Ebay or JC Whitney , $40-$90) . Takes just a few minutes to bolt it all up .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
              X