X

My influnce has paid off.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My influnce has paid off.

As a parent it always feels good when your influence pays off when your kids have actually listened to what you've been telling them.

Case-in-point, see 92xjunkers' Rise of the Phoenix thread. He has given his project to my son for his birthday.
    My son wisely chose to spend some of his birthday loot on gear. His grandmother picked up his Scorpion EX-500 lid and Icon Device gloves.
    He got a good deal on a Fieldsheer Aura Tour jacket. He's now looking at pants and boots.
    Attached Files
    http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
    http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
    '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
    "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
    "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Teach him on Glo's bike first...... he needs to sign up on KR now. Good job, Jim.
    Last edited by 92xjunker; 01-13-2015, 12:15 AM.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Awesome!
      Hope my girls will like to ride when they are older!

Comment

+1 Sounds like your boy is officially a katrider and should at least introduce himself. This site could be a valuable asset in the future....

Katfloyd, my 8 year old says she wants to ride on the back, but I cant bring myself to let her sit back there knowing, if she falls, Im basically helpless. I told her to wait till shes 10 and I'll reconsider at the least.
        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

92x...cigar box...gratis

your generosity toward a young person is an inspiration to us all...pm me a physical when you can...way to go dude!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Thanks, Dan. I was almost as excited to give it as he was to receive it. Plus he received full documentation of the build and a certificate of ownership. Ooh, and a mini poster.
            Last edited by 92xjunker; 01-13-2015, 12:52 AM.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

It's a good feeling, isn't it? Again, way to go! We could learn from you.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by maniac1886 View Post
                +1 Sounds like your boy is officially a katrider and should at least introduce himself. This site could be a valuable asset in the future....

Katfloyd, my 8 year old says she wants to ride on the back, but I cant bring myself to let her sit back there knowing, if she falls, Im basically helpless. I told her to wait till shes 10 and I'll reconsider at the least.

Maniac - You could just do very short rides around the neighborhood. That's how my girls started. Definitely keep it short though, because they can fall asleep. Also - you can buy harnesses that tie the two of you together.

Comment

Interesting, never thought about a harness. Yes that's all I was talking about tho, just to the end of the road and back. Nowhere near up to speed but with my rear end lifted, it's a long way down.
                  My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                  2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Originally posted by maniac1886 View Post
                    My oldest is almost 6 and shes only done one lap around the yard sitting in front of me and she seemed hooked. She instantly wanted to hop up and go for a longer ride! Sadly mommy shot that idea down

Comment

Great to see the kids get into motorcycling with the proper gear... hopefully you've instilled motorcycling common sense into the boy too.

My wife is completely opposed to my kids riding a motorcycle... another bridge I suppose.
                      2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
                      2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
                      1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
                      1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
                      1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Originally posted by BareKat View Post
                        My wife is completely opposed to my kids riding a motorcycle... another bridge I suppose.
                        Same bridge ill have to cross if my girls want to ride. Then again that's a few years away!

Comment

He has two more, we'll have to prep for.......
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                            92x...cigar box...gratis

your generosity toward a young person is an inspiration to us all...pm me a physical when you can...way to go dude!
                            I'm in total agreement, I've never been party to such an amazing act of kindness like this. There are good people in this world, and 92 is one of those people.
                            http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
                            http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
                            '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
                            "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
                            "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Ok, now that the gooshy shit is over, I'm thinking twin Peugeot raced out 80's mopeds ?????? Only cause I want one also, I had one in 83' all custom bondo really...
                              Ok, we do need to find a doable project for the boys... Do they even want to ride? I knew Branden did.
                              Last edited by 92xjunker; 01-13-2015, 05:38 PM.
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                              X