X

HELP with LED dash bulbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP with LED dash bulbs

So I was looking at Jaybell's post about the LEDs replacing the stock bulbs. I have an 06 Kat 600. I installed my new brake light yesterday and everything was good. Today I took off the fairings, took off the dash and replaced all the bulbs with T1.5 twist locks from superbrightlightleds.com. When I pluged the harness back in, none of the lights come on. The head lights and brake light come on, but the dash is off. Also my rear blinkers won't flash when I tried to see if any of the bulbs would work in the new setup.

Anyone know what is going on with this?

Edit: I tried putting just the original bulb back in for Neutral and still no lights work. I then took out all the LEDs and put the original bulbs back in and ALL lights work. So I didn't mess up anything, it is just the LEDs, which I thought were plug and play. So does anyone have a solution?

Sorry I think this was supposed to be in electrical. I will post it there.
    Last edited by Oddy Turner; 06-01-2012, 01:18 PM.
    All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players;
    They have their exits and their entrances,
    And one man in his time plays many parts,
    His acts being seven ages.

Originally posted by Oddy Turner View Post
    So I was looking at Jaybell's post about the LEDs replacing the stock bulbs. I have an 06 Kat 600. I installed my new brake light yesterday and everything was good. Today I took off the fairings, took off the dash and replaced all the bulbs with T1.5 twist locks from superbrightlightleds.com. When I pluged the harness back in, none of the lights come on. The head lights and brake light come on, but the dash is off. Also my rear blinkers won't flash when I tried to see if any of the bulbs would work in the new setup.

Anyone know what is going on with this?

Edit: I tried putting just the original bulb back in for Neutral and still no lights work. I then took out all the LEDs and put the original bulbs back in and ALL lights work. So I didn't mess up anything, it is just the LEDs, which I thought were plug and play. So does anyone have a solution?
    LEDs are polarity specific, so if they can be put in turned either way, it possibly could be an issue.

krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      LEDs are polarity specific, so if they can be put in turned either way, it possibly could be an issue.

krey
      Kreylyn For the Win! Just had to figure out the polarity, as you said. Works great!. Will take some photos when it gets dark. Thanks Mate!
      All the world's a stage,
      And all the men and women merely players;
      They have their exits and their entrances,
      And one man in his time plays many parts,
      His acts being seven ages.

Comment

Working...
      X