X

How do i lower 93 kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i lower 93 kat

I have a 93 kat 600 and just picked up a 95 cbr 600 f3 for next to nothing so am going to do a little stuff to kat to make it more ridable for my wife ( a first time rider) needs to be a couple inces lower tho. and not so shaky on highway. any ideas on either subject would be very helpful. Trying to do it as cheap as possible seeings i have two kids and i am the only income.

Originally posted by 1st93kat600 View Post
    I have a 93 kat 600 and just picked up a 95 cbr 600 f3 for next to nothing so am going to do a little stuff to kat to make it more ridable for my wife ( a first time rider) needs to be a couple inces lower tho. and not so shaky on highway. any ideas on either subject would be very helpful. Trying to do it as cheap as possible seeings i have two kids and i am the only income.

Let some of the air out of the tires... that will gain ya at least 1"....

Just kidding...

Several options.
    • Lowering Links
    • shave the seat foam and recover it
    • Adjust the forks position
    • or any combination of the 3.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

where did i find/buy a lowering link and what should i look for? i am very mechanically just not familiar with bikes but willing to learn and experiment

Comment

#s 1 & 3 are what you want...lowering links and sliding down the forks will get it way down. Just be sure to remember your symmetry. Keep everything even to minimize misalignment. Might also consider steering damper if it gets too shaky for the Mrs. to hold. Also would look into what is causing the shake! Out of balance or old tires could a possibility...just something else to check.

where did i find/buy a lowering link and what should i look for? i am very mechanically just not familiar with bikes but willing to learn and experiment
        Try eBay and Google...some members in the forum make some I've heard. Someone who knows will chime in with that info I'm sure.
        Last edited by stretched600; 02-24-2010, 05:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

If it's shaky now, you may have issues with your steering head bearings. Cupped and/or underinflated tires will do the same as well. A steering damper shouldn't be needed if everything else is mechanically sound. I have never had headshake bad enough to make me even consider a damper.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
          You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Search "katana lowering links".

A couple of members were offering some... I think Neoblie (sp?) or you can find them online/ebay.

Fairly simply process to swap them out, if you have an air impact driver. can be done without, but I've found it much more difficult to do.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

If you are really going to drop it, Make sure you check the tire to fender clearance as you don't need the tire hitting the fender under max shock compression.

Tmod

Comment

Working...
              X