No announcement yet.
X

Diffrence in years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I went from this to this with a little 320grit sandpaper. Gonna buff this diamond in the rough with some 600 later.

Comment

So the tank,tail and front fender are salvageable. I'M going to finish sanding and clear this weekend. However the midst and belly are trashed. What do ya think fellas? Put the headlight back on and ride with headlight and gauges exposed?

Comment

Find the guy that just posted free fairings and get them. Kats look horrible naked. First time I've seen a lazy paint job (not yours), painted fuel door and the tank protector (negates the protector doesn't it?)
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I did but he would be shipping from NY. So we will see.

Comment

Update: So I tried Aircraft brand Paint Stripper for flexible plastics.....yea DONT....It melted my fairing. Then I was like damn....lets co to the carwash and see what I can get off with that...

Yup you see right...someone didn't prep the professional job right....everything came off and I brought home a mostly clean factory fairing and a bag of paint.

Last edited by Sgt. Dad; 07-27-2016, 03:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

So I have came across another set of plastics from another rattle canned bike. What do we think about wrapping the bike in vinyl

Comment

It has been done. You need a good base under it, clean smooth and painted or it will bubble and peel.
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran
                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Aircraft stripper should have worked, I'm wondering if there was some repair work that had already been done on it. Also the site you are hosting your pics on seems a little spammy.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                  X