X

What do you offroad with?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you offroad with?

I just go this beast! I like it alot. ATK 605. Light and fairly fast, decent on the road too entirely street legal, but will be used for offroading, trail, enduro riding. Rotax engine! Lets see what you ride, MX, dual sports, enduros all welcome. tell us about your offroad bike.

Last edited by Kapp555; 07-15-2009, 02:10 AM.

04 400 ex not even close to street leagal lol but it can tear up the ice pretty good!
    Joker
    The newest addition to the Family!
    sigpic
    stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

What do I hit the trails with? STRICTLY either my feet, clad in hiking boots, or a mountain bike- as in bicycle. Sorry if I sound elitist, but the truth (at least for me,) is that I...

Spend far less money on both purchase and maintenance (a very good MB might cost you $1500, there are dozens good ones for under about half that, and you can get a decent one for under $400);

Reduce, a little, the severity of injury in case of a crash (you are often going slower, so you hit the tree/ground/rock not so hard);

Have all the technical advancements you could want (MB's have some very advanced components- you would be blown away);

Improve and maintain your CV health way beyond the level you would ever see riding a motorcycle, and build killer lower body strength;

Have at least as much fun- frankly, more IMHO; and

tread far less lightly on the earth- no pollution, far less materials to build the bike, no air pollution, no risk of fire (so you don't have to worry about spark arrestors), and almost zero carbon footprint. (I know you were just waiting for that one from me.)

Yeah, I know, it's not for everyone- but most of the peeps who would say that have not spent enough time doing it.
      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

I've got a '98 suzuki RM250 that I get hurt on ride. gotta love 2 strokes, that thing is a blast.

Open the throttle, and see what happens. I have no idea. sometimes it bogs, sometimes it spins the tire, sometimes it wheelies over backwards, sometimes it takes off like a rocket. Not very user friendly.

And that makes it more fun than anything else i've ever ridden I think.

it may not be the fastest thing on the MX track anymore (i'm not that good of a rider yet), but it will mostly keep up with the newer 450's and it cost me $1000 with a trailer included. Hard to beat that.

Comment

My 96 Jeep Cherokee Sport!
          THE DOC
          RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
          Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
          mistake when you make it again.
          sigpic

Comment

Several 4x4 trucks, and my '88 250R quad. I prefer rough trails (or just pull on top of a ridge, pick a location and go diving off the trail cross country between the trees), steep seemingly impossible hill climbs, and sand drag racing up the steep dunes. Needs a repaint and a new seat cover since it got thrashed when it was stolen, just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.
            John,
            '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
            sigpic

Comment

TTR125, just had my daughter out on it last night. It serves it's purpose.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

1974 tc 125

74 tc 125 and my 88 kx 125

Comment

any more just a 1998 ford f-150 4 wheller, and its ben some time

Comment

2006 katana
                    Gravity works 100% of the time.

Comment

2002 Suzuki RM125 - Have to keep it in the Suzuki family....

I love this things, not street legal but a blast to ride.

Ron-Jump-2.jpg

Comment

unfortunatly I dont have it anymore
                        Attached Files
                        Some days your the bug.....Some days your the windshield.

Comment

My first love:
                          Nothing like a good ol fashion rock crawl or trail ride.
                          Last edited by LandoCommando; 07-17-2009, 12:32 PM.

Comment

2000 ninja zx7 one time isolated insendent involveing a cow,a ditch and a concrete bird feeder. 87 cr 125 old fun to bang on and i wont die if i break it i'll buy another cheapie.
                            shiny side up, at least when I'm not doing a barrel roll

Comment

My "94 kx125. Not alot to look at, but a blast to ride. For 35 bucks I'm not complaining.

Comment

Working...
                              X