X
X

240 fat tire kit on Katana 600 pic's here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO, all that custom fab work, and stock blinkers??? WTF.... why not an integrated tail... and yes a suspension upgrade is in order

Comment

bigbike-r

Originally posted by bigbike-r View Post
      as has already been said - something needs doing about that shock - waaay too soft, it will end up killing you - its a shame people arent willing to offer help

it was my thoughts thats what the forums were about - i know if i had picked something like that up my first responses wouldnt be to start having a pop, its a shame cos i know people who have come to this site - some new to bikes, who i have personally sent here in search of help only to be welcomed by those who sit and point out the mistakes and poke fun at rather than say - this is what you need to do to correct your mistakes -

nobody is born with all the knowledge, lifes all about learning,
      i recently came under fire in another post for offering a genuine opinion and expressing an idea to which i was told by one member who since has deleted what he wrote to me - but went along the lines of god damn it your opinions are unwelcome - if you dont like us building our bikes and spending a lotta money on them and doing what we want to do to them - take a walk - or something along those lines -

this guys done exactly that put his money in built a bike how he wants, so how do you win?

at the end of the day its your bike it matters only what you think of it - if somebody else doesnt like it, no big deal - theyre not the one riding it - if they dont like the look of it - dont look -

im sorry if im begining to come across as harsh but its boarderline bullying what goes on sometimes
      its all good i'm teachable...

here's a pic of my bad hair day....lol

No more negative self talking..
      This destructive habit is often a self-fulfilling prophecy - we talk ourselves out of improving our performance or maintaining good new habits. We talk ourselves into just giving up.

Comment

hey russell, i know u gonna be mad but u know they right bout ur suspension, Triple plate shouldve put a stiffer spring on the back of that thing, usually when u stretch a bike the stock spring is not strong enuff n plus, u know u over 250, lol. Tell em bout how u punched it the other day n ur tag went up in the fender, lol. Or didnt u loose it or something, thats funny, cause i told u from the beginning that was going to happen, i bet ur wife still mad she cant ride, lol. Better come on n get the air ride, i can put it on for you. ps. n dont lie to the forum sayin u cuttin weight either, lmao. much luv cuz

Comment

biggmo

Originally posted by biggmoinc View Post
          hey russell, i know u gonna be mad but u know they right bout ur suspension, Triple plate shouldve put a stiffer spring on the back of that thing, usually when u stretch a bike the stock spring is not strong enuff n plus, u know u over 250, lol. Tell em bout how u punched it the other day n ur tag went up in the fender, lol. Or didnt u loose it or something, thats funny, cause i told u from the beginning that was going to happen, i bet ur wife still mad she cant ride, lol. Better come on n get the air ride, i can put it on for you. ps. n dont lie to the forum sayin u cuttin weight either, lmao. much luv cuz
          lol.. i lost three t-tags ..but i ain't mad...i'm learning!!
          This destructive habit is often a self-fulfilling prophecy - we talk ourselves out of improving our performance or maintaining good new habits. We talk ourselves into just giving up.

Comment

That is a big tire there!! Is it hard to lean on?? I think it looks cool
            99 Katana 600-Sold
            2007 Kawasaki ZZR 600-my new baby

Comment

layinlowstang

Originally posted by Layinlowstang View Post
              That is a big tire there!! Is it hard to lean on?? I think it looks cool

you should see me...lol..

thankx for stoppin by ...
              www.myspace.com/bisonbrotherz

Comment

All I can say is...wow. Now I have tire envy with my skinny 150. Sweet looking bike. Ride safe.
                -Izzy

"If you're gonna be a turd, go lay on the lawn."
                -My wife

Comment

I have a 180-55 on my R6 and it looks skinny on there, thinkin a 190 this summer.

Comment

Izzy

Originally posted by izzy View Post
                    All I can say is...wow. Now I have tire envy with my skinny 150. Sweet looking bike. Ride safe.

Thankx !!

have a great day!!

Originally posted by tjroux View Post
                    I have a 180-55 on my R6 and it looks skinny on there, thinkin a 190 this summer.
                    my brother has 190 and it look good

thankx for stoppin by

Originally posted by JayBell View Post
                    see? thats all ya had to do was publish some asked for info when ya first posted, and you wouldn't have gotten so much grief.

when someone asked "What size rim is it?" you just said "its a 240 tire" which isn't an answer.

Same with "How long is the chain?" you said "its a 518 chain" which again, isn't an answer.

you need to upgrade your rear suspension, or our next question will be "how much will a new 240 tire cost you, when your tail finishes cutting through it on both sides.

be careful riding, as it is, a good hard bump will pop the tire and wipe you out.

Looks like the arms stretch was done properly tho, I'm surprised they didn't fix the suspension.

it was just grazzing my tire bro....not that serious..its fix now!!
                    Last edited by Bison Brotherz; 05-10-2009, 06:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Now that the pics are up...you got my respect. Anyone willing to put that kind of money into a Kat to really make it their own is cool in my book.

I do see that the rear tire is offset a little to the right side, does that affect the ride or handling or do you not notice it??

+1 on getting that shock upgraded. be safe out there.
                      2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                      BMC Notorious 918 HT
                      2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Looks great! But the questions is.... hows that baby handle the twisties?
                        Originally posted by arsenic
                        93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Dude, bad *** all the way. That IS something to be proud of, at least I think so. I understand now how it was done and the pics are a huge +1.

The following is not in any way negative about your bike, just some questions and points about re-creating what was done.

Is that an 18" rim ? Looks like it to me, and I don't think the cobra's come in a size over 200 with 17" ? That would add to the tail clearance issue you were having a little I would think as it would be a bit taller than stock. Add to that the length, and yeah... definately would need to compensate on the shock. Glad you got that fixed, if nothing else the paint stripes it was putting on the tire was detracting from the big arse tire you have on there.

That offset to the right freaks me out a little. I'm looking at that set up and thinking it could be done without the offset being that significant, or at all possibly and still fit a 240 tire.

You mentioned they widened the rim to 9 1/2" wide. I'm a little curious why they went that wide. Looking at the picture of the tire straight on from the back, the profile of the tire looks like it's stretched a little bit as well meaning... the 240 tire is actually too small for rim!... Of all problems to have.

Going with a 240 tire, a better fit would be with around an 8.5 or 8.75" rim. I'd bet you could go up to the 250/40 tire without a fit issue with that rim as you have it set up right now, and get a better profile on the tires, but even then I think it would still be a little small for that rim to get the right profile. 9.5" would put the right fitting tire around a 270?.... Yeah, I believe that would be it.

I don't think anyone makes a 270 though...

If you can, measure edge to edge and see what the tire actually is mounted on the rim. I'd bet it's actually stretched wider than 240mm....

Anyways, again.. very cool, and grats on the custom ride.

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

that is a lot of meat on that back tire. nice!
                            R.I.P. Marc- You will be missed!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Comment

nice work!
                              sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
                              k9 GSX-R 600
                              GO VOLS!

Comment

Now thats what I am talking about! That looks like a first for me on a Kat! Thanks for posting pics from the rear where we could see it. Honestly, from the side view, it looks like a much smaller tire (170-190).

Looks great and congrats on a sweet bike!
                                It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Working...
                                X