X

Remove factory graphics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove factory graphics

Soaked it down with WD-40. sit in the sun Hair dyer comming off real nice. Thanks to whoever posted about these things!

I removed all the decals on mine too, I think it looks a lot cleaner with them removed, I left the silver Suzuki S on the tank and thats it.
    25 minutes from the Cherohala, 30 minutes to overlook (Deals Gap)

Comment

Having trouble with sticker" ' decal" residue got goo- gone nope! tryed mothers clay. nope a little laqurer thinner nope soake them down with WD-40 over night I hope it works its still tacky where stickers were after all this!!!

Comment

Cut a tennis ball in half turn it inside out and rub like you have never rubbed before.... it worked for me....

Comment

Originally posted by Wiland View Post
          Cut a tennis ball in half turn it inside out and rub like you have never rubbed before.... it worked for me....
          Seriously?
          Beats my idea of razor blade and repaint it.
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Hairdryer or heat gun worked for me...goo gone for the sticky stuff (Jenna Jamison was busy).
            -
            -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

I used a heat gun and goo gone. It did take a while and alot of elbow greese. The rear stickers came off easy. It does look alot better.
              S**t happens, live with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
                I removed all the decals on mine too, I think it looks a lot cleaner with them removed, I left the silver Suzuki S on the tank and thats it.

Same here
                It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I'll be doing this soon as well. Can't wait to see wait it looks like.
                  Godspeed
                  CSBA #1167
                  Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

O K Heres the major screw up! I go to walmart buy there best sticker adhesive remove Goo Gone . Wrong wrong wrong Its mot working I call mfg on toll free number. Oh thats the wromg stuff sir!! I say it it right on the can removes sticker residue. Great send me the correct stuff/ we cant but we will send you a gift card to walmart!!! You need regular goo done not the HD stuff! OH My~

Comment

the bike looks so much better without the stickers so happy my bike did not have the stickers when i brought my bike
                      sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Glad I found this thread - I like my bike but I think it would look much better sans stickers:

Comment

very clean slot
                          so many roads so little time

Comment

Going to do the sticker removal tomorrow. The purple isn't doing it for me. Maybe if it's just the seat and tank it'll look ok.

Comment

Everyone is always posting about goo gone this and adhesive remover that....If you just remove the the stickers with the right technique in the first place, you wont have to use any thing to remove residue because it wont be there! I've posted this in at least 5 threads on the subject already but no-one ever seems to "search" and find it so I'll post it again in hopes that maybe it'll save some people some problems. When you remove these decals, use a heat gun or hair dryer and heat them just to the point where you can easily get a fingernail underneath the edge, then slowly pull the decal straight back away from the surface..DO NOT TRY TO PULL THE DECAL PARAL TO THE SURFACE!!!! Heat the decal a few inches in front as you go and take your time. If you overheat/underheat the decal, it will leave residue. If you dont pull straight out, it will leave residue. If you take your time and do it right....NO RESIDUE! I've removed decals and pinstripes from at least 50-80 vehicles and this technique has worked for all but the "really old" ones. I'm sorry if I seem like I'm being an *** but people are making this way mor difficult than it has to be. If you take your time and do it right, this is a 20-40 minute job and the only thing you'll have to do afterwards is buff out the surrounding paint to match the perfect "protected" paint thats under the decals afterward. At the most, you may have to scrub a few tiny residue spots with that goo-gone that everyone thinks doesnt work. Just for the record, the goo gone DOES work, it just takes a really abrasive fabric(t shirt material) and ALOT of elbow grease. My buddy with a gixxer didnt follow my advise and I had to scrub goo gone on his **** for 2 hours to get all the residue off from the 1 fairing decal he removed before I showed him how to do it right! Again, I'm just trying to make this easier so please people...do it right and save yourself some heartache.....oh yea, and use the search function on this forum!
                              sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
                              RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
                              I Miss You Pop
                              2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
                              BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

Comment

Working...
                              X