X

gsxr 1100 into kat 600 88

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gsxr 1100 into kat 600 88

during the easter holliday i will be swapping my kat 600 1988 engine with a gsxr 1100 1989 engine. It's the first time i'm doing it, i read all the post about installing a bigger engine but i have a few questions.

For the gsxr 1100 engine will i have to do new engine mount or will i use the same ?

Same thing for the 750 kat swing arm, will i need to do something or is it bolt on. Wich shock do i use ?

If i don't swap the swing arm does my 600 kat swing arm can accept the power ?

For the sprocket alignment do you have to do something to adjust or does everything just align ok ?

Do i need to buy a new set of sprocket and a chain, mine are like new but if i need to change, i'll change them.

For the clutch, do i use the katana cable ?

Also i have the complete engine with the oil cooler of the gsxr, will i need anything else beside this, i want to know because almost all of the store will be close during this week end..

md86 already answered a few of my questions but i wanted a couple of opinions.

During the swap i'll take pictures and i will do a complete "How to install" a gsxr 1100 engine into a pre 98 kat frame.

thanks,
    steph
Working...
X