No announcement yet.
X

My new Suzuki SFV650

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best of luck on modifying your seat. I tried modifying mine and ended up ordering the Corbin a couple of excruciating weeks and a KR rally later.

It's actually funny... I wanted to leave my Kat totally stock as a tribute to its original beauty. The Gladdy on the other hand, I saw the potential immediately and had to start ordering things, chopping things, and painting things. I still have more plans for later on, but that's all gonna have to wait until I'm done my degree.
    My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Well, I do have to say that you have a mighty fine looking Gladius. I hope mine turns out looking as nice! Im going to create another thread to keep track of the progress on my mods so I can quit jacking your thread. I'll post the link back here for you when I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter View Post
        Best of luck on modifying your seat. I tried modifying mine and ended up ordering the Corbin a couple of excruciating weeks and a KR rally later.

It's actually funny... I wanted to leave my Kat totally stock as a tribute to its original beauty. The Gladdy on the other hand, I saw the potential immediately and had to start ordering things, chopping things, and painting things. I still have more plans for later on, but that's all gonna have to wait until I'm done my degree.
        So...... get that degree yet?
        1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

Home stretch pal, though it feels utterly hopeless at times.
          My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dexter View Post
            Home stretch pal, though it feels utterly hopeless at times.
            Just wait until after you graduate! There's a big world out there patiently waiting to beat you into submission.
            1980 GS1100E, 2002 748S, 2010 ZX14, 2013 Bonneville T-100

Dave

Comment

I had a Gladius back in 2009, ditch the muffler within 50 mi. of ownership, better exhaust note and lose 8 lb. from the bike. Swapped the OEM handlebar to lower dirt bike alloy handlebar, lose more weight. The seat problem was solved by using AirHawk or sheepskin pad, it was comfortable enough for me to ride 10 hour straight from Philly to Ann Arbor, MI.
              I sold the Gladius because I got laid off from my job in 2010, went back to 1st gen SV650 for less than 1/4 of the cost.

Last edited by "K"; 12-17-2014, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X