X

My new Suzuki SFV650

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Suzuki SFV650

** UPDATE: Carbon fiber hugger installed, shorty levers installed, shorty LED signals installed, Tail Tidy installed, seat modified for greater comfort

Mods:
    - DM Racing Carbon Fiber Slip-On
    - MotoSliders (SVRacingParts.com)
    - EVOTech Tail Tidy
    - Red Fox carbon fiber hugger
    - Shorty levers
    - Shorty LED turn signals
    - Aftermarket 3-pin flasher for LED
    - Gel foam/memory foam modified stock seat
    - Swingarm Spools
    - Tank Protector
    - Low profile mirrors
    - Shaved frame side covers
    - Polished fuel cap
    - Wheel stripe tape
    - Debadged
    - Re-painted all silver pieces in Suzuki 2010 black
    - Dyed the silver seat vinyl black
    - Removed reflectors, reflector brackets, and licence plate light extender to clean up tail

Earlier pics:

Last edited by Dexter; 08-05-2012, 11:57 AM.
    My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Looks awesome, maybe it's the lack of fairings but it looks small for some reason.

your bringing both bikes down to the rally? btw how's insurance compared to the Kat?
    Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by woobie View Post
      Looks awesome, maybe it's the lack of fairings but it looks small for some reason.

your bringing both bikes down to the rally? btw how's insurance compared to the Kat?
      It's a fairly small bike... short wheel base too. Makes it extra flickable in the twisties! I'm only bringing this one down to the rally this year, along with my friend James and his SV1000. The bikes will be loaded on my trailer and towed by my Focus!

Insurance on this one is $15 per month cheaper than the Kat, and I now have full coverage whereas before I only had basic coverage.

sigpic

Comment

Sweet ride Alex! What are possible tail chops?....even sweeter
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
          Sweet ride Alex! What are possible tail chops?....even sweeter
          I've thought about chopping the sabre tooth, but on this bike it actually serves a purpose. Without it, I think there would be far too much water coming up off that back wheel in the rain because of how short the actual tail section is.

sigpic

Comment

The tooth def has to go. Nice ride!.......looks like a lot of fun.
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Niccccce!!!
              sigpic
              1990 750 KAT, 2010 ZX-14

Comment

I went and looked at stock pics. I REALLY like what you've done.
                PS - I still gotta vote for chopping the tail...of course it doesn't rain in New Mexico
                sigpic
                Pepe Bouchard

Comment

I like it! Loose the shark tooth

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

that is a sexy bike ya got there! the tail doesn't look to awful bad stock like some bikes bit it would look 10000% better without. or at least slimmed up allot lol
                    if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

You should throw some tech specs on there for the tank. You will like having the extra grip while throwing her around at the rally....

I agree looks wise the tooth would have to go but it serves a function for ya and keeping the bike functional has its benefits...
                      I am a Penn State fanatic.
                      Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Well after doing some measuring and a little bit of math, I have determined that eliminating the saber tooth tail will have little affect on me if I ride through puddles, so long as I keep the licence plate installed at all times.

To that end, I've ordered the Evotech Tail Tidy fender eliminator kit, as well as a hugger. I may get the tail tidy in time for the rally... the hugger is coming from the U.K. so there is no chance that'll be in my Killboy shots this year.

I am also going to try and source some smaller turn signal lights for the front and back. I may get those locally if I can find them for less than $50 a pair.

sigpic

Comment

still think you should really consider some tank grips. When you get off the bike to throw it around you will be glad you have them on there...
                          I am a Penn State fanatic.
                          Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

damn fine looking ride, can't wait to see it in person next week!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
                              still think you should really consider some tank grips. When you get off the bike to throw it around you will be glad you have them on there...
                              I'm gonna try to source some of those locally this week. If I can't find them in town, I won't be able to have them in time for the rally.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X