No announcement yet.
X

GSXF 600 1992 parts London UK where???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSXF 600 1992 parts London UK where???

Having recently purchased a 1992 GSXF 600 I want to change some of the electrics for new (newer) parts. Does anyone know where I can get parts new or re-con for this little gem please in London or the UK?
    I know "if it aint broke don't fix it". But after having a look under the tank (that turned out to be a mission in itself), under & around the bike bits & pieces look pretty grim. Particularly electric bits I've yet to identify. I've looked at stuff on Ebay but can't really find much electrical. HT leads, coil packs that sort of thing is what I'm looking for. Advice needed on what to change if anything.
    Now I've read on other sites that people think it's an ugly bike. Well I disagree, I like the look although the front is kind of ugly comparativley speaking (newer bikes maybe). But I like it & I don't intend getting rid of it for a while (years) yet. So I'd really like to bring it back to very good overall condition.
    I did have a 2005 R6 from new for 3 yrs & a 2003 RS125 from new for 2yrs before the R6, so I'm not new to riding bikes. Situations change, I'm past wheelies & stoppies now & age catches up with people (me anyway) so I'm happy with this little GSXF.
    The clutch is also slipping (following advice from this site I adjusted the clutch cable & that made lever operation a lot more comfortable but exposed the possibly worn clutch. I will be changing the springs & giiving it an oil change next then re-adjust the cable. If it's still slipping then I'll do the whole clutch as long as I can get parts.) but it's still a very 'nice' ride.
    Advice appreciated & recommendations welcomed.
    Thanks.
Working...
X