X

Want performance upgrades for a 2000 kat 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want performance upgrades for a 2000 kat 600

In the process of dissasembling the kat to have the fairings painted at macco...... what can i do to her to get faster accerlation and more power out of her? how much does the 530 chain and sprocket kit help? I got about a $700 budget

Originally posted by Murder after midnight View Post
    In the process of dissasembling the kat to have the fairings painted at macco...... what can i do to her to get faster accerlation and more power out of her? how much does the 530 chain and sprocket kit help? I got about a $700 budget

Stage 1 Factory Pro Jetkit, grind the welds on your stock header, stock airbox/filter, 90-92 GSXR cams, up 2-3 teeth on the rear sprocket.

Add a nice slip on for the sound (not really a performance upgrade) and your running about what you can do without an engine swap.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      Stage 1 Factory Pro Jetkit, grind the welds on your stock header, stock airbox/filter, 90-92 GSXR cams, up 2-3 teeth on the rear sprocket.

Add a nice slip on for the sound (not really a performance upgrade) and your running about what you can do without an engine swap.

Krey
      is the engine swap worth it? how much hp tq advantage does it have over the 600 engine?

Comment

is the engine swap worth it? how much hp tq advantage does it have over the 600 engine?
        Well... about 80 hp on a Kat 600 post model to say 120+ on the GSXR 1100 92 model in your bike. I believe the 92 GSXR was rated at around 145 hp with that full setup on it, so the more you carry that over...

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
          Well... about 80 hp on a Kat 600 post model to say 120+ on the GSXR 1100 92 model in your bike. I believe the 92 GSXR was rated at around 145 hp with that full setup on it, so the more you carry that over...

Krey
          Where can i get one of them? how much? is the swap hard?

Comment

Where can i get one of them? how much? is the swap hard?

Lots of info posted on engine swaps and what to do. Minor clearance mod on the cross brace, but most of the rest is bolt in and go.

GSXR 1127 motor and carb set, do some looking around for the parts or ebay.

It's no harder really than just dropping the engine you have and putting it back in.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
            X