No announcement yet.
X

TURBO katana 750 build: Blow-thru

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you going to tie the carb vents into the pressure side of the turbo?
    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

why are you wasting time putting up posts? Get back to work and show us the bad azz Kat when it is done!

Comment

should be pretty bad ***. i rode a turbo chopper that one of my friends owns, and it was ridiculously fast. until it broke

Comment

nice

Comment

Not worried about blowby in the engine? Most turbo and supercharged motors like a lower compression so you blow boosted compression past the rings. Arent Kats like 10-11:1 compression? Just sounds like thats asking for trouble even with 8 psi of pressure.
            Originally posted by arsenic
            93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

i bought the bike for $200, if the motor goes...oh, well.....i have a few spare motors.

as you might guess, im back from playa del carmen. nothing like taking a 4hr flight with the worst hang over....like the mother of all hangovers. hit it kinda hard at senor frogs last night, and now im still paying for it....lol. 80's all week and rented a dr-z 400 to rip around in cozumel one day...it was either that or a harley or shadow 750.....lol

there will be progress made this week though probably toward the end of the week, at least the plenum

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE View Post
                  nothing like taking a 4hr flight with the worst hang over....like the mother of all hangovers. hit it kinda hard at senor frogs last night, and now im still paying for it....lol.
                  Been there done that and made it home before I spewed.

How about a status report on the turbo?

Comment

Come on man... lets see some boost here! You can't be THAT busy with the new house

Comment

Good luck cant wait to see finished product!!

Comment

im actually cutting off the project. im selling the kat and buying a gsxr 1000, ill eventually start this project up again in the summer with the katroid frame

Comment

cant wait to see the finish product
                          very nice

Comment

Originally posted by ITS_NOT_A_KNIFE View Post
                            im actually cutting off the project. im selling the kat and buying a gsxr 1000, ill eventually start this project up again in the summer with the katroid frame
                            Bah you got my hopes up! I see what it is, you're just scared that you can't do it and now all of the KR world will know your fail.. tsk tsk, we had such faith in you.. Well, I hope your new ride is more enjoyable than this would have been! Post us an update when you start the next turbo project!

Comment

It's never a "Fail"...you have probably gotten farther in a "turbo" than most here. Many have commented in the past that this would never work, can't be done, etc...I would really like to see this...projects take a while especially when free time is limited..Hope to see the finished product as well as many others here!!
                              Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I didnt fail at this one bit. I bought a house, and a new bike so something have to be put on hold or put to an end in order to accomidate other things. The new project is still a turbo project, just on a gs550 efe motor, thats in a yerf dog.....so its pretty much the same setup

Bah you got my hopes up! I see what it is, you're just scared that you can't do it and now all of the KR world will know your fail.. tsk tsk, we had such faith in you.. Well, I hope your new ride is more enjoyable than this would have been! Post us an update when you start the next turbo project!
                                Scared to do it....lol its too simple to be scared....its more time consuming. search some of my threads newbie and see some of the sh!t i came up with from being scared

Comment

Working...
                                X