X

my first mod(s)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my first mod(s)

well its nothing much but i changed a few things so far.. like changed the windshield to a smoked one. and put a tank pad on and changed the rear turn signals. i think it helps the look overall. just the progress so far on my little budget lol..

If you really want to clean up the rear of it there is a How-to for a do it yourself fender chop. It looks pretty simple, and several people on here have done it. DYI is always good on a budget.

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

Looking nice!
      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
      JOHN 16:33

Comment

And take off that green vinyl on the fairings. Some other members with the same kat have done it and it looks awesome.
        Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
        - Albert Einstein

Comment

Fender Eliminator - (shovel chop) - if you do it yourself instead of going out and buying an overpriced kit from ebay.

Mesh Mod

Gel Grips

3 very inexpensive mods that really make your kat stand out and look sharp Check out the forums and do a search on those, you'll get all kinds of great info.

Comment

My neighbor and i just did a fender eliminator (on a '93), turned out pretty good.. for about a 1/10th of the cost of the ebay kit.. definitely worth it.

Comment

checkout my profile. I just cut the rear fender, saved some money...Just masked off the shape i wanted then cut with a dremel, then a little sanding on the edges with 600 grit on a sanding block, looks great. Wife thinks I'm stupid, lol
              "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

Fender Eliminator Kit NXT inexpensive mod
                sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

looking good............now get some clear front turn signals to match the rear and she will really stand out!

Comment

Fender elim Kit you can do yourself but the competition werkes looks nice and clean underneath. Costs more but looks tight.
                    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                    JOHN 16:33

Comment

thanks for the suggestions, how much mesh does it take to do both fairings? and. how does a yoshimura slipon sound compared to a full system

Comment

Nice! Now order the 06's front turn signals. They came clear from the factory I believe.

Long Live the D

Comment

thats what i was thinking, maybe theyd be less than aftermarket ones. thatd be kool

Comment

If nothing else, you'll know they'll fit correctly. I've heard of aftermarket ones from places like ClearAlternitives not fitting properly.

Long Live the D

Comment

yeah thats true. the back ones didn't fix exactly perfect n that kinda bugs me but its not too bad i guess

Comment

Working...
                              X