X

Crazy question?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy question?

I know everyone has heard the expression "all show and no go" I am asking for exactly the opposite.... Has anyone heard of, or attempted to swap a 'busa motor into an 1100 kat? Am I insane, or just crazy? Would be a hell of a suprise to anyone trying to run up on me !!!!!

if you can do your own work, you can modify an 1127 enough to have the same hp as a busa, for about the same price as buying a busa engine and all required to do the swap.

but wouldn't you just be better off buying a busa?
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
      if you can do your own work, you can modify an 1127 enough to have the same hp as a busa, for about the same price as buying a busa engine and all required to do the swap.

but wouldn't you just be better off buying a busa?

Nope: Busa=higher insurance
      Besides, it's always fun to catch people by surprise.
      Last edited by WickedKatweazle; 05-12-2010, 01:34 AM. Reason: grammar
      sigpic

Signature was getting too long, check my garage for list of mods.

Comment

everybody loves a sleeper......... but Mojoe is right, if you're on the quest for ridiculous power, you can pull it out of an 1127 without hacking your frame up to fit a different engine. A stock bore 1127 with a dot head, pods and exhaust should probably get you 140hp to the wheel. Of course, that's still about 25hp short of a first-gen Busa, but that's with a minimum of mods. An overbore, a set of flat slides....... if you follow it far enough you could get 165rwhp like a Busa... whether it would be cost effective is questionable. Certainly it wouldn't be as efficient or reliable as a box-stock Busa engine.

If you want to swap a Busa engine in, though, just be aware that it's not going to be a direct swap. If you're a pretty good metal fabricator and mechanic, then go for it. The worst that can happen is you hack the frame up and can't make it work, in which case you're out all of $3-400 for a new frame with a title.
        Last edited by loudnlow7484; 05-12-2010, 02:40 AM.
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
        X