X

Gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloves

Getting a new pair soon. Gonna get some real ones instead of just some leather palm mechanic gloves.Any recommendations?

check out the clearance section at newenough.com if you don't want to send a lot of money. I prefer the short cuff style for summer riding. I got a pair of powertrip gloves from new enough for $15 all leather and they fit good.
    Godspeed
    CSBA #1167
    Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

I'm not a fan of the long wrist protecting ones (though I probably should be)... my friend has a pair of icon's that look pretty sweet. They have big ABS plastic knuckle protectors and the palm has double layered leather and what-not. I don't remember the name of them, but you may find them on bikebandit.com or somethin. Good luck!
      -Marty (Red)

sigpic

BANGERANG RUFIO!

Comment

I have a set of SHIFT Avenger Hybrid gloves, the are the long cuff style but extremely comfortable, and seem to offer good protection, and for the price you can't beat them.

Currently Riding:
        1995 Katana 600
        V&H Exhaust
        Jet Kit

SOLD
        2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
        1987 XV700 Bobber
        REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

Good stuff so far.I'm a big fan of the shorter cuff gloves.

Comment

Any one of these are decent gloves:

These are in the bargain basement and are a nice gloves:
            Wow, this glove offers a lot for not much money! If you are looking for comfort, protection and quality all for around twenty bucks, look no further. This is...

Hmmmm... I was a little surprised how short the cuff is on these gloves. If you take the 'View Larger Pictures' link above, you can see that it barely covers...

Plus if you order from Newenough.com you can donate $1 to KR on Checkout (actually N.E. will donate $1 to KR so it doesn't cost you anything).
            Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

[quote=Jax;1673281]

These are in the bargain basement and are a nice gloves:
              Wow, this glove offers a lot for not much money! If you are looking for comfort, protection and quality all for around twenty bucks, look no further. This is...

quote]

I got these gloves last summer and I love them. I have worn them all winter while riding to and from work. They are very comfortable and breathable. I highly recommend them.

Just saw they were sold out. If you can find them get them.
              sigpic

Comment

I bought a set of these and have never looked back.

404 Not Found. If you entered a web address please check it was correct.

Dainese Blaster Gloves with the short cuff. Very cool in summer and very comfortable.

ToK

Comment

You might try here for some great deals.

I personally love the gauntlet gloves (the long ones) but they do take some getting used to. I don't feel as safe with my Icon Super Duties anymore after getting some Joe Rocket gauntlets.

Comment

I like the ones made by Oakley. I wore a pair of Oakley SI assault gloves the entire time I was in Iraq, so when I got a bike, I bought a new pair and used those. They're a bit pricey ( $50-70 ) but completely worth it. Cool, Comfortable, and they have a carbon fiber knuckle guard. Just in case!

Comment

I wear Icon Tarmacs. They're comfortable, grip great, feel just right for protection (not too heavy, not too light)- and they come in a few different colors.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                      -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

I'll suggest the Dennis Kirk outlet or eBay store. I got some nice AGVs for $15 I think..

Comment

I bought a pair of black leather gloves at a hippie-biker run place in Albuquerque a year ago just to give them some business. I was wearing them a month later in the rain when I realized that the left index finger had a rubber strip on it that looked like a windshield wiper blade. And when I used it to clear my visor, it blew my mind.

I don't know the brand name, but the gloves have ruined me for buying any other type. I know this may not be helpful, but perhaps you can describe the glove to a merchant and come up with some. They're great.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by shadowhunter04 View Post
                            I'm not a fan of the long wrist protecting ones (though I probably should be)... my friend has a pair of icon's that look pretty sweet. They have big ABS plastic knuckle protectors and the palm has double layered leather and what-not. I don't remember the name of them, but you may find them on bikebandit.com or somethin. Good luck!
                            Sounds like the Icon Hooligan 2. I have those now and love them. I have a pair of Icon Tarmacs as well, very good gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowhunter04 View Post
                              No, it sounds like the Icon Merc's. I have those. I have both the long and short for summer and winter riding. Best gloves i have ever owned. I recommend those hands down. however they hurt the pocketbook at about 80 for the merc shorts and 100 for the merc longs. but if they save your hands once, its worth it, right??
                              Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                              Current Bikes:
                              1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Working...
                              X