No announcement yet.
X

600 vs. 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In 1932 a guy named Robert Fulton rode a Douglas flat twin around the world! The bike was like 300cc. Took him 4 years. Mods? A bigger fuel tank and a hiding place for his .32!
    There's an interesting write up in one of this month's motorcycle mags (Cycle World or Motorcyclist) where they are comparing the 4 new Japanese liter bikes. The differences between them are negligible (on paper) but throughout each magazine are asides like, "Who really needs this much power?"
    A 750 is cool, but trust me, a 600 is just fine too.[/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
      Since the Kat 600 and 750 are so close to each other in virtually every area.
      Really ? Someone wanna let me try their stock 600 ? I rode one , but I thought it had NO balls . Maybe there was something wrong with it . I mean , it WAS Taz's bike .....
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
        Originally posted by WildKat
        Since the Kat 600 and 750 are so close to each other in virtually every area.
        Really ? Someone wanna let me try their stock 600 ? I rode one , but I thought it had NO balls . Maybe there was something wrong with it . I mean , it WAS Taz's bike .....
        If your insurance will cover all damages, AND I can ride one of the two (either yours or mine) home, you can take mine out. I trust you enough.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

My insurance probably wouldn't . I'm cheap .

Comment

You can always ask your insurance agent what happens if you bin a friend's bike... I'll trust you on the answer. I've watched you ride -- in general, I doubt you'd caught out on mine until you hit the brakes and bit off too much too fast because of their hyper-grabby natures.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

My wife has a 2004 Kat 600 Hindle pipe,,,Ign advance, Ivans carb kit.

I have a 1999 Kat 750,,,, Yoshi pipe Kand N filter.

I feel a huge power differance between the two.

I like the 600 handling, but that may be tires,,, I have Avons on order so I will let you know.

My opinion,,,,,,get the 750,,,,,It only goes as fast as you twist the throttle.......and it it a tame bike until 6,000 RPM or so.
              Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                You can always ask your insurance agent what happens if you bin a friend's bike... I'll trust you on the answer. I've watched you ride -- in general, I doubt you'd caught out on mine until you hit the brakes and bit off too much too fast because of their hyper-grabby natures.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Yeah , them HH's are WAY grabbier than stock . I have to remember to remind people aboot that when they ride mine . I'm use to it , though .

Comment

Working...
                X