X

wear velcro

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wear velcro

I went to stop at a red light the other day and myshoelace got stuck in the bike. Then I fell........everyone laughed at me. Now I am sad. Has this happened to anyone else? Or am I just special?
    Because an angy man is seldom reasonable, a reasonable man is seldom angry.

Wear riding boots.... they don't have laces.

Comment

Min egot caught but I didn't fall thank God!...I was going 90mph with my feet on the back pegs laid over the tank. Be glad you weren't moving!
      I wouldn't be so paranoid... if everyone wasn't out to get me.

Comment

I had that happen a few times. sometimes I ride in town with sneakers. It is a scary feeling when you go to put your foot down, and it won't move. luckily I could just let out the clutch and keep moving until I got it free. never fell because of it, thank god. you really got to be careful for that. I make a habit of pushing my laces down into my shoe when I wear sneaks or boots that lace up.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I wouldnt have minded being stopped except it was on a main street and I got stuck under the bike. HaHa suck

Comment

silly squids~

Comment

Man that sucks. Happened to me once a long time ago. Luckily i was parked close to a wall and just used my hand to brace myself and the bike. No falling. Thank god.

Feel for you. Did you experience the He-man syndrome ?
              Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
              - Albert Einstein

Comment

Another interesting fall my brother had once on his earlier bike. That bike had a steering lock that was separate from the ignition. So you had to remember to lock and unlock the handlebars each time u got onto the bike. Easy it would seem.... NOT. He forgot once, got on the bike, put it in gearand took off. For a whole 1 foot. Imagine expecting to go straight while ur handlebars want to go hard left.... Boom...!!!! No damage luckily.
                Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
                - Albert Einstein

Comment

i am sure it has happened to more than will admit for sure.
                  It has happened to me too and is one of my biggest worries when I ride with laced shoes.
                  there are many riding boots out there are velcro closured or have laces that are hidden with a velcro strap. you may want to look into those.
                  I have also used Duct-Tape to cover my laces.
                  I love my Kat!!
                  2000 burgandy 750

Comment

I dont even think I am a squid yet. Am I?

Comment

Did the same thing on my 1979 suzuki enduro 125 when i was younger I was riding in the back yard shoelace got stuck in the chain and started tiping over luckily there was a shed there to lean against until i got it loose. also had one of those great idea locks that you have to take the key and lock the front tire seperatly. it didnt lock with the ignition like the kats do and i went to take off very quickly and ended up making a hard left into my brothers car putting a really nice dent and tire marks on the door. i wished i would have got them on tape

Comment

Back about the time Reagan became pres, I did such a thing on a Honda a couple times (never fell over as a result though). Then I bought shorter replacement laces... I haven't had the problem on the Kat (ever), in part because of how much of the chain is covered by gaurds.

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i have had mine wrap around the shifter but i stop while i put both feet down so i just uded one leg till i undid the other

Comment

like mojoe said, tuck your laces into your shoe. they can work thier way out though.

Comment

yea becareful it happen to me once and the bike fell on me my brother thought it was the funniest thing i was mad at the time but a little funny now i think about it
                              with every gain there must be a lost

Comment

Working...
                              X