X

25 mph winds...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 mph winds...

im not liking this, but i rode anyway. Kinda hate it being thrown around the lanes cuz of heavy winds. Any of you feel the same right now?
    "What curse? You just sucked for 86 years!"

It's been super windy around here the last couple days too. Gusts up to 30-40 mph. It can be challenging riding in the strong winds, especially if you arent used to it.

Some people say they prefer to lay down on the tank and make themselves as small a target as possible, but it can sometimes be alittle harder to react and see whats around you when you're laying on the tank. I prefer to just keep a firm but soft grip on the handlebars like always.. stay away from trucks as their added wind gusts can really toss you across the lane.

Dont sit too stiff on the bike that you are uncomfortable. Be aware of the traffic around you and try not to get pinned into between vehicles, and be aware of the shoulder along the road especially becuz if you get blown across the lane you could end up in some gravel and lose control.

Basically all the same tips you should use when riding in general you just have to be alittle more careful in heavy winds.

Comment

yeah, i was huggin the tank today. Didnt like it too much, but hey id rather be riding than sitting my butt on watch tv.

other than that, it was beautifull today. Wish the weather was like this all the time except for the heavy wind.
      "What curse? You just sucked for 86 years!"

Comment

Yep,wind sucks no matter what...

Comment

Wow I was just about to post about this. I have only riden my kat 3 times so far and I just so happened to need to take the highway today, for the first time. According to the weather man on the news today there were 20mph winds and boy was that an expirience. It wasn't the worst thing I have ever done but it was pretty challenging to go in a straight line. I tried laying on the tank for a while but it seemed like it was actually harder to stay going straight while doing that than sitting up. Then as I was riding along getting blown all over the place, a group of about 7 guys on sport bikes flew past me all riding wheelies, then they dropped down and started weaving through traffic, lane splitting, and riding on the shoulder. I can't believe they didng get blown over while doing the wheelies.

Comment

I hate the damn wind. I do tend to feel it more on my Kat than any other bike I've ever owned, but I'm not sure if it's due to the very full fairing of the bike, more upright seating position or the jacket I wear. Nonetheless, windy days suck!
            ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Don't shy away from the wind. Ride in it and you will develop a level of comfort eventually. You still need to respect it, but getting over the discomfort will happen. Pay attention to the wind speeds, and set personal limits. When you get more comfortable with a given wind speed, increase your limit.

Be the Wind!

Comment

Riding my ninja 250 I think my dealing with wind is worse than yours :P Bike is only 308lb dry but during my MSF course, and my first couple days of riding we had somewhere between 15-30-ish mph gusts all between those days. So I guess when learning to ride and dealing with the wind at the same time, it hasn't really become an obsticle to me since it's the way I learned.

Comment

The wind was very bad out here as well. On the prairies we dont have any trees to at least block it a little. 30-40mph with gust. Not the best but when its in your back it sure feels good! Summer is short and we have to enjoy it....wind or no wind.

Comment

Working...
                  X