Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Insurance just went down, thanks Progressive !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance just went down, thanks Progressive !

I keep the cars and the bike with progressive and while my car insurance is still just alittle higher than I would like because of Crunchie's ticket about a year and half ago, Progressive gave me about the average going rate compared to the others I called as well before I decided to renew with them.

I lowered my bike insurance to just minimum coverage over the winter since it was stored and I had a clause to allow for sunny day rides during the offseason, and then last month I increased it back to full coverage; liability,comprehensive, & collision, so my bike would be fully covered again. I just got the information from Progressive yesterday and it turns out my premiums are dropping to about 400.00 per year full coverage for the bike. :P , down a good 250.00 from the last couple years.

Now if we can just get that last point or 2 off crunchie's MVR we should be good to go.

Re: Insurance just went down, thanks Progressive !

progressive bases alot on your credit score. if your credit has gotten better then that might explain the drop, also age. when i turned 25 i got a huge drop. also the agent said my premium dropped big time due to my credit score. i carry 500,000 single limit, 500,000 underinsured, 500,000 uninsured. i think i pay 400$ for 12 months. id have to check, but its something close to that price.. i dont cover the bike though. only cost me like 2grand anyways.
    03 katanika

Comment

Oh dont even get me started on that whole insurance companies checking your credit score to base your rates and premium on. that just irritates me to no end, but I digress...

I never really noticed to big drop at 25..I did notice one at 26 though and one at 30..although I had points on my MVR then so I didnt get the full benefit of it right away.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
        Oh dont even get me started on that whole insurance companies checking your credit score to base your rates and premium on. that just irritates me to no end, but I digress...

I never really noticed to big drop at 25..I did notice one at 26 though and one at 30..although I had points on my MVR then so I didnt get the full benefit of it right away.
        i agree credit score and insurance prices shouldnt have anything to do with each other... but i wont complain cause i have a killer credit score and no tickets/points at all so
        03 katanika

Comment

Sure, blame it on Crunchie. NO ONE will believe you.
          , and I thought there was something unconstitutional about insurance going DOWN?
          Live and Lean.
          When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
          "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
          Romans 3:23

Comment

Hey she'll be the first one to tell that she has a lead foot She's a very good driver though and I trust her completely behind the wheel..a few times the po-po's caught her going just alittle too fast though for their liking

Comment

:bigfinger Progressive . They jacked my rates up over 2.5 TIMES on my last bike . When I called them on it , they just said it was the trend , so I just cancelled and went with another company . Idjits . My rate went from like $160 every 6 months to about $400 . No tickets , no claims , no REASON .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i got one from progressive sat.and my insur. also went down because i had never had a wreck and been years since i had a ticket(like 9 years)and i drive a van for the state of texas so i must take defensive driving every two years.and the monthly payments went down this year by 12 cents.man i sure thought it would be more.

Comment

The quoat they gave me is $1200 a year full, and
                  $600 for libilty and comp.

Comment

Working...
                  X