X

BT-45 lean limits

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT-45 lean limits

I currently have some Bridgestone BT-45's on, and I'm trying to find out the limits of this tire (thru someone else's experience/knowledge).
    I know it's a sport/touring tire, but how far can I safely push it? Is trying to scrape the pegs at say, 40-45mph within it's range, or am I asking for trouble?

Trying to scrape hard parts is asking for trouble no matter what tire you're on. However, I had that same tire on a Yamaha Seca II and scraped pegs on occasion. If I only knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have been doing so. While the maximum lean on a Seca is much more shallow than a Katana, I would avoid trying to put a peg down on a BT-45. Of course, I now try to avoid putting a peg down at all.

If you insist, make sure the tire is warm and you are wearing your gear. If you persist in dragging hard parts, you will eventually lowside.

Be careful!

Comment

Lay the bike on it's side and check how much contact patch you have left

Then stop and go read this thread:
      http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20529

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

It's been proven that you CAN scrape hard parts with just about ANY tire , if you have the proper technique .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
          It's been proven that you CAN scrape hard parts with just about ANY tire , if you have the proper technique .
          Even easier with the improper technique...

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yeah , but that's not the sort of draggin you recover from .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
            X