X

Limits to your lean

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dee Dub
    Um....sorry guys, those guys are off the seat.
    Maybe not completely off...your butt crack should be on the edge...or the corner of the seat in your crack...
    Yeah, you're right, but I think we know that. I interpreted Junior's comments as "lifting your butt and hanging off the seat (MotoGP style)" as opposed to just shifting your butt to the side of the seat. Pretty sure BP thought the same thing. As for the size of my butt...well, that's just none of your busniess
    ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

This photo demonstrates well the position of the butt in relation to the seat.

Comment

Another angle....

Notice the toes or the pegs are nowhere near the pavement and those are size 13's baby.
        Granted the Kat600 pegs are a little lower than the average SS bike....but not by much.

P.S. Stop looking at my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Range

I like to drag my entire body AND bike through a corner
          HAHAHAHAHA

I forgot to mention I have a 99 600. I didn't think the bike was over that far and I was leanig as much as I could with jeans on.... But that would be a very hardcore thing to do. hahaha. draging your knee in jeans. So I guess if I'm feeling adventurous, I will go out and buy some pants with pucks. Or shave off those damn "feelers".
          Is that your bike outside? I ride.... competitively.

Comment

i think you would want the feelers to hit before the peg anyday.. anyways how do you work on getting your ass off the seat like that

Comment

Originally posted by suzukisportrider2004
              how do you work on getting your ass off the seat like that
              Find a nice sweeping corner that with full visibility and no traffic. Then just keeping hitting the corner until you're comfortable. Each pass will make you feel more at ease leaning the bike.

The most ideal place to run corners like this...a track. Second best place...the GAP.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
                Another angle....

Notice the toes or the pegs are nowhere near the pavement and those are size 13's baby.
                Granted the Kat600 pegs are a little lower than the average SS bike....but not by much.

P.S. Stop looking at my ass.
                to me those pics look like your dropping the knee as far as possible just to drag it, not like your turning so fast your knee hits.
                03 katanika

Comment

Originally posted by iwannadie
                  to me those pics look like your dropping the knee as far as possible just to drag it, not like your turning so fast your knee hits.
                  That would be due to the fast shutter speed on Killboy's camera.

Plus, this thread was about leaning a bike in the corners and not about speed. You can lean a bike at slow speeds or high speeds.

I won't comment on the speeds in those pics.

Comment

i start to move my arse and freak out every time

Comment

That would be due to the fast shutter speed on Killboy's camera.

Plus, this thread was about leaning a bike in the corners and not about speed. You can lean a bike at slow speeds or high speeds.

I won't comment on the speeds in those pics.
                      well still i mean it just looks like your putting the knee out(down) and hanging off just in hopes of finding the ground. rather than taking the turn and as a result of the turn your knee hits. could just be the pics though not trying to be harsh or anything....

i have never drug my knee so i cant talk, havent tried though.
                      03 katanika

Comment

It's only hard until you do it. Then it's natural. Another good place to try it is in a round-a-bout with no traffic and good visibility.

Comment

how do you work on getting your ass off the seat like that
                          Find a nice sweeping corner that with full visibility and no traffic. Then just keeping hitting the corner until you're comfortable. Each pass will make you feel more at ease leaning the bike.

The most ideal place to run corners like this...a track. Second best place...the GAP.
                          Yep. Thats exactly how I taught myself. Also getting over any fear that you may have, but you still want a little fear. If you don't have any fear, in my mind, that is how you make mistakes and crash.
                          Is that your bike outside? I ride.... competitively.

Comment

i start to move my arse and freak out every time
                            Well I doubt there are alot of places to practice in Cleveland ....
                            You SHOULD set up your body poistion before banking into the turn . There's a specific rhythm to it . Brake/downshift , set body position (toes up on pegs , weight inside) , push/pull bars , stick out knee , maintneance throttle/apex , roll on throttle/exit . Or was it set body position THEN brake downshift ? I need to go for a ride , it's been to long . Oh , and BUY SPORT RIDING TECHNIQUES !!!!!!!! That should be part of the rules . Mods , make it happen !
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

well still i mean it just looks like your putting the knee out(down) and hanging off just in hopes of finding the ground. rather than taking the turn and as a result of the turn your knee hits. could just be the pics though not trying to be harsh or anything....

i have never drug my knee so i cant talk, havent tried though.
                              If you look at the bikes you can see they are about at 90% full possible lean.
                              (without hitting hard parts)
                              If the riders were NOT hanging off, the bikes would have to be at 120%..
                              Every pound of weight you get lower than "upright"
                              (the way you might ride at 30mph straight) reduces the amount
                              of lean. True niether really needs to drag their knee,
                              but it is part of the "proper" technique..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                                True niether really needs to drag their knee,
                                but it is part of the "proper" technique..
                                You don't "need" to ride a motorcycle to have fun, it just IS!

Comment

Working...
                                X