KOTM May 2007 Court93Kat

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Welcome to KatRiders.com! > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to KatRiders.com! We're glad you found us!
Please take a minute to introduce yourself and tell us about your bike.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:38 AM   #11
Kreylyn
Kat King

eBay ID: Kreylyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrtgrell View Post
i cant figure out how to post in any other forums or threads. Im having a serious dilemma my bike will not start and I have tried everything I need help
What's going on? I'm free all weekend. Able to transport the bike?

Krey

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"
Kreylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:50 AM   #12
dano68
Kat Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrtgrell View Post
i cant figure out how to post in any other forums or threads. Im having a serious dilemma my bike will not start and I have tried everything I need help
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreylyn View Post
What's going on? I'm free all weekend. Able to transport the bike?

Krey
Dude you have free help offered to you!!!!!! Honestly if you are in serious need of help PM Krey with your address, he is more than willing to help you.
2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

dano68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:22 AM   #13
Kreylyn
Kat King

eBay ID: Kreylyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrtgrell
...The bike was running great after my friend changed the oil then one day just lost power and wouldn't crank back up. Next morning started right up but when I went to ride it stopped again. This continued every morning for a week or two starting up then dying out. Now the bike wont even start. Bought a new battery and drained fuel checked petcock everything seems fine. Once it started back up and popped and white smoke came out tailpipe but it died out again. That was after I put sea foam into the gas tank after draining it. I have a friend at a bike shop that would fix it but having issues getting it there and from everything im reading it would be a whole lot cheaper to do it myself. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks and sorry to bother you
My guess...

Your carb's float needles are not sealing correctly, allowing fuel to over flow in them. When they over flow fuel, that flows into the cylinders which drains around the rings into the crankcase. That mixes with the oil. Not only does this over fill the crankcase, but the engine is designed to spray the underside of the pistons with the oil when running. This means that when it gets warm, the fuel laden oil is able to work it's way up around the rings and increase the a/f mix in the cylinders at combustion time.

Simple of it... fuel in the crankcase makes the bike run very rich the hotter it gets. Additionally the hotter an engine, the worse it runs when rich.

The fixes...

1. Pull and do a full cleaning of the carbs. That means a complete disassembly and dip of the bodies. Replace any work/cracked rubber. Closely inspect he float needles for wear, replace if necessary. K&L rebuild kits is the most economical option I've found for the needles and those come with all the other o-rings too, so... it's a good option to consider. It will not come with other items like the pilot jet plugs (required to be in perfect shape) for the 90-97 models... or T connectors for the fuel/vent lines, so on.

Before putting the cleaned carbs back on the bike, do a leak test. Fill the bowls, blow on the fuel line. If you can move air = bad. Put a liquid source on the fuel line like it would be on the bike, and allow it to sit for a while. Any liquid leak out of the carbs? If yes, that = bad. Once confirmed no more leak... instal and sync the carbs.

2. Check the petcock is functioning correctly. Rebuild if necessary. The petcock is not the cause or prevention of the crankcase flooding issue, but it will exasperate that issue.

3. Once 1 and 2 are done, change the oil.

Krey
Kreylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:07 AM   #14
rbrtgrell
Skid Mark

Default Thank You

I really appreciate you taking the time to help someone you have never met before. I am going to get started right now by pulling the carbs and I will surely let you know the end results. Hopefully I will be riding by this weekend. It has been killing me to see so many out riding and I have to watch everyone go on by me. Thank you though I will post back asap
rbrtgrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Welcome to KatRiders.com! > Introductions