X

92 GSXR 1127 engine into 750F Kat, questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project not finished, damn!

Ok, so I got a wild hair up my ass to spend more money on my 26 year old Katana.
    So I'm looking at replacing the steel subframe with an aluminum subframe from a 93 GSXR.

Plus a SRAD type tail from Air Tech, all fiberglass.

And I just purchased this 4>2>1 header and can off ebay

I dunno, I'm just a gas punk

Comment

• Interested to see the actual weight between the two tails...7.5-10# would be my guess.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• What's your estimate for the weight difference between the dual 1100 Katana exhaust, and the 4-2-1 system I show?
        As for the tails, compare the street version with lights, and the track only fiberglass tail with all lights and sub-sub frame removed.
        Last edited by buffalobill; 07-07-2016, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Exhaust......wouldn't be surprised if it were over 20#. Tail I'll add a few pounds for the light fixture.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Hey Bill - What did you end up doing with your air box ? The gap between the frame and the tank looks smaller than before ??
            2005 Katana 750

Comment

• Sombody's advice was

Originally posted by B-Man View Post
              Hey Bill - What did you end up doing with your air box ? The gap between the frame and the tank looks smaller than before ??
              Somebody advised me to heat up the high places on the airbix and push them in a bit, that worked.
              I also cut some short metal pieces to connect the airbox to the tank support bracket, about a 20mm offset from stock.

I had an issue with the swingarm brace and the muffler support bolt, it's head got trapped under the brace, so the swingarm was not swinging down. Plus, the clutch was slipping. I did a whole track day with it like that.
              On the track day I had both those issues, I was demoted for not being able to keep up out of the turns, I also had to rise off the seat and ride the pegs through the bumpy corners.

I redid my muffler hanging rackets and fixed that issue.
              The slipping clutch I figured out when I looked at the installation warnings for new clutch discs, it stated "They should NOT to be used with 100% synthetic oil". Bummer that's what I put in there!
              So I drained that out and poured in standard motorcycle oil, the clutch seems to be gripping good again.

Comment

• ...and you guys were probably good at algebra too

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

• "I don't know, it was Greek to me".
                  I loved English class, and art.

Comment

• Bill, it's been almost a year? Any updates?

93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• +1
                      I'm wondering about those 750 carbs on that motor. Ever get the RPMs down ?
                      My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Working...
                      X