No announcement yet.
X

Question about GoPro Mounting location?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about GoPro Mounting location?

Hey guys,
    Its almost riding time again and Im getting pretty excited. I got a GoPro on black friday and wanted to start filming some stuff, but I was curious how other people mounted their gopro. I think I like the side mount the most, just because then I can lift my visor still, where I wont be able to if I mount on the top.

What did you guys do?
    Green 2000 Suzuki Katana - First Bike - Project Link: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113759

I mount my Gopro 4 black on the right side of my helmet. Although its the only place ive tried so far I like the angle. I also have the suction mount that I might play with this year.

Comment

I mount mine on the chin piece, just in front of my mouth. Have to put the camera upside down, but the GoPro have the upside down filming mode so that works well for me.
      2002 GSXF 750

Comment

Either on the chin part of the helmet or on the swingarm. The swingarm gives some pretty sweet angles.

Comment

I have a Contour Roam. I have side helmet mounts and a fairing mount. It has a 1/4 inch threaded mount that I use to attach it to a Wellnut expanding anchor. I drilled a 1/2" hole in side of fairing. I used a stud with a locking nut to secure it in place.
          Last edited by KAT TOY; 04-10-2015, 06:44 AM.
          never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

right above the parking light is good
            2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

I have 2 HD drift, I side helmet mount one, the other I have played with many mounting options. Frame slider front and rear, swing arm, front fork, suction cup to gas tank. Be creative some options give great views, all depends what you are looking for.

If you want a common mounting position, watch you tube and see where bloggers are mounting their go-pro's.
              2002 750 Kat
              2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
              2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
              2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
              1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
              2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

I just got my gopro 4 black mounted on the chin of my helmet. Should make for better video compared to the side of the head.

Comment

I mount mine on the windscreen or tank if I want a glimpse of the instruments in the video. These pics are of my GS but I do the same thing on the Kat.....

Old Age and Treachery Will Beat Youth and Skill Every Time

Comment

I cant get good suction on the tank and windscreen on my 03.

Comment

Huh... I wonder why ? They've tested these things on airplanes. As you can see I have a tether on the windscreen mount but it has never let go and I've put a lot of miles on it. Defective mount maybe ?

Comment

I am thinking about the suction mount. I would tether it also as I have not had good luck with suction mounting with gps units. I know the gopro suction mounts are much better but it is hard for me to trust any suction mount.

Comment

Yeah. Me too. But I've been impressed by this mount. The only bad thing I've observed on the windscreen mount is that it is right above the front shocks. Mounting it there sucks on a bumpy road. the tank mount is smoother if you want the instruments in the video.

Comment

Its not the mount. I can put it on the flat glass of a car window and damn near take a piece of glass out trying to tug on it.
                            On the bike it just wont stick because of the curved shapes.

Comment

For giggles one day I stuck my suction cup mount to the side of my helmet. Once.

Stuck just fine, even at freeway speeds, but the wind pulling on it, that was another story...

Comment

Working...
                              X