Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Right switch assembly moves when closing the throttle?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right switch assembly moves when closing the throttle?

After having my bike sit for about a year and a half, I got it running again and it feels amazing to be back on 2 wheels.

Unfortunately, when I close the throttle the kill switch/start switch assembly rotates, thus throwing off the throttle position. If I let it go and let the throttle close under its own effort it moves minimally to where I can't tell if it has moved; it is when I am manually closing the throttle with some effort (very descriptive I know). I took it to a mechanic and they said they tightened it up as much as they could but it still rotates. Has anyone else come across this or know how to fix it?
    "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and as sweet as love."

Pin is missing on the top half of the control. Drill a hole (or screw in a screw) where it was and insert a screw big enough to fit the hole in the bars. Common issue.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for the tip! I'll look into that
      "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and as sweet as love."

Comment

Here's where your pin was. Mine was worn flat after a few months of living with a twisty kill switch housing. The closest match you can find between the screw head and the hole in the handlebar, the better.

Comment

Working...
        X