X

List your Tech

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List your Tech

So I saw a thread on a that new skully helmet and as much as i like the idea, I cant afford it. lol While we are on the topic of "outside of my budget" I would love to get my hands on some google glass and implement that in my riding style too! I would love to have a holographic HUD that could advise me of upcoming roads conditions.

Either way, there were some people that had some pretty cool comments on what kind of technology they have implemented on their bikes. Being a "Techy" IT guy, i want to implement more technology on the ol' Kat. I thought this would be a great thread for listing ideas and what people have added to their motorcycles (katanas or otherwise). Whether it be, cool techy helmets, Radar Detectors, GPS devices, usb charging ports or anything else.

Me personally, my tech is pretty stone aged although, money permitting, I would like to add some extra stuff.

What I got:

I have a phone mount on my gauge cluster for my Droid X. I use this mainly for music, although when I'm out of my stomping grounds I use the GPS too. I just upgraded my phone so I am going to load up the X with more music, an offline map system of my state, and some GPS speedometer apps like ulysses speedometer app; it shows 0-60 times, top speed, current speed, heading and some other cool stuff.

I have a usb charging port up front for the phone that is connected to a power source that only comes on when the bike is on. I have another usb charging port for the passenger, or myself, that is connected straight to the battery (fused, of course) and has a toggle switch so I can charge usb powered devices while the bike is off.

I also rock a bluetooth receiver that has a headphone jack. Its actually a sweet little toy for what i paid for it. ~$12.00. I keep that in my pocket and run my headphones up under my shirt.

What I WANT:

I would like to get the phazer III which is a Radar/Lydar Detector and Jammer. It has some pros and cons, but can prove to be useful. Id like to be able to find an electronics technician that could beef up the output and make it more powerful but I suppose I gotta buy the thing first.

I also would like to get some type of helmet bluetooth system that would allow me to make calls and voice texts while riding. Sooo many times I've had to pull over to take a call that i knew was an emergency.

So guys... here it is. The KatRiders Tech thread!! Please feel free to add any and all tech that you guys use to make your ride more efficient/enjoyable!!

1... 2... 3... GO!
    My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
    2007 GSXR 750
Working...
X