X

I want a new Helmet.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a new Helmet.

Recently picked up a Nolan 104 modular helmet and really like it. I did have to start wearing ear plugs though. Just for giggles I tried on a Schuberth C3 modular helmet and now I am in trouble. I want one SOOOO bad. Not going to happen any time soon though. On sale for $720. I put the Nolan on right after the Schuberth and wow, even in the store the Nolan is loud. The Schuberth reminds me of the Shoei full face helmets I have worn. Nice and quiet as soon as you put them on. Too bad Santa's probably bringing me coal.

One word...get the Shoei!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

I put my trust and comfort in Shoei. that being said I have been wanting this helmet so badly but it has a VICIOUS price tag and not once is comfort of ergonomics mentioned.

anyways, if you wanna go all out ...get this

To contact us, please visit http://www.skully.com/support | Check out 'SKULLY AR-1 The World's Smartest Motorcycle Helmet' on Indiegogo.

Comment

+++++1 on the shoei helmet. Great fit ,quiet & fits like a glove.
        If I'm gonna land on my head that's the helmet I want to be wearing!
        Last edited by loneraider; 04-18-2015, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
          One word...get the Shoei!
          Well, that's actually 3 words...but still

+1000

Been trusting my skull to one for 6 years now, nearing replacement time. It'll be another shoei.
          Last edited by shpielers; 09-26-2014, 12:51 AM.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I've had Shoeis for 30 years and due to the rising cost, I bought a Scorpion this past year. For the money, I find it to be a good buy, and they have some neat features.

Comment

I am extremely happy with my Scorpion EXO 500, I trust it with my head because I have crash tested it myself. While lying in the road waiting for someone to find me my head was about the only thing that wasn’t hurting, so my money goes to Scorpion.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Would you believe that when I sold my bike to move to Colorado, I handed my Shoei out the window to a complete stranger on a new Busa who was wearing a scratched up $59.99 Wal-Mart special after asking what size he wore?

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
                  Would you believe that when I sold my bike to move to Colorado, I handed my Shoei out the window to a complete stranger on a new Busa who was wearing a scratched up $59.99 Wal-Mart special after asking what size he wore?

Probably kept him from hurting himself as bad if he was a squid on a hyper bike. If he wasn't a squid, he was likely very thankful.

If I had the money for a new busa, I would make sure that money would provide NEW, FULL gear as well.
                  1990 GSX1100F- abandoned in 2005, rescued by me in 2011, I'm gonna ride it if it's the last thing I do.

1981 GS750EX- Father in law gave to me, full resto in progress with late model suspension.

1979 GS850G Free shafty

1978 GS550E- The wife bought it for me for father's day (So she could learn to ride on it too)

1977 RM80- My son's resto.... he's 3...

2012 Qigo quad- pink Camo for my little princess.

Comment

I have loved my Shoei helmets. The problem with the modular Shown is that I like to use the flip down sun visor but it hits my nose. The only one that didn't was the Nolan. I have an RF700 Shoei that I really like but I ride with groups and like the modular helmets more.

Comment

Out of pure interest if price was not the concern. Schuberth or shoei and why ?
                      Starting to save my pennies so interested in everyone's input.

Comment

Originally posted by rschlegel View Post
                        I have loved my Shoei helmets. The problem with the modular Shown is that I like to use the flip down sun visor but it hits my nose. The only one that didn't was the Nolan. I have an RF700 Shoei that I really like but I ride with groups and like the modular helmets more.
                        Got Dremel?

Problem solved.

Just need to wear it enough to make sure there aren't any problems with fit or build first.

Comment

Ditto that!

Comment

I've been wearing Shoei helmets since I found an RF-200 on clearance back in 1991. Big fan. On a budget, though I've been pretty impressed with Scorpion. If you really want a modular check out the EXO-900. If it's built anything like the rest of their helmets it'd be pretty hard to go wrong.
                            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Now I know why I am hard of hearing. As I stated at the beginning of this post I just started wearing ear plugs. I made a quick run to fill up my bike so wore one of my full face helmets and could not believe how loud it was now that I am used to wearing ear plugs.

Comment

Working...
                              X