X

Help Wiring HID with Projector

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Wiring HID with Projector

OK. So I am upgrading my lighting to projectors with HID's I'm not that good with wiring and would like to put in a time delay relay so I do not burn out the ballasts when I start the bike and also I read about putting in a cap between the hi/lo feeds to prevent the headlight from going out when switch hi to lo. Can someone provide me with a basic wiring diagram for the time delay relay setup. Thanks
    Ride like it's your last ride
    sigpic

Ok so I hooked up the hids with a standard relay feeding the lo beams and they work. I hooked the shutter off the hi beams feed and when I flip to hi beams headlight goes out and doesn't come back on any ideas
    sigpic

Comment

First off, if you pickup a H4 harness everything is pretty much plug-and-play for high/low function.

I would suggest having a dash-mounted switch that is manual - not timed - as it's often that life gets in the way of key-on-bike-start right away type deals.
      - Purplehaze
      All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

I have installed BMW Projectors following Uno "I wear sunglasses at night" and I do not think the HIDS are controlling the shutter opening when I hit the Hi beams on. I believe it is in the Kats wiring I think I read somewhere that you momentarily lose power to the ballasts when you go from lo to hi beams cause them to shut down and that installing a diode fixes that.
        I ordered a TDR and was hoping I'm on the right track with the diode.
        sigpic

Comment

Wiring issue with the relay, you're not feeding any part of the low beam with the light switch are you. That will kill the light when high beam is activated.
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Yes I am using the factory handlebar switch and want to keep using that , no sense drilling holes in a perfectly good dash panel.
            I saw this wiring diagram and was hoping this would work
            sigpic

Comment

When you switch from low to high beam it cuts power to the one not needed. Use power from the center light to power the TD and relay for low beam (constant lamp) this is only for shutter high beam.
              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

but if I do the second diagram by loudnlow http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...Hid%27s&page=5 with 2 relays using the tdr in the low beam circuit and the standard for the shutter that would work right?
                sigpic

Comment

Absolutely, he's also using the low and high beam to feed the hid lamp.
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

Cool Thanks the tdr should be here by the weekend and Ill let you know how it works
                    sigpic

Comment

Ok so now a new problem. Because I installed the TDR when I switch to hi the shutter opens but when I switch back to lo I have to wait for the TDR to cycle thru the delay time before the headlight will come back on. Any suggestions
                      sigpic

Comment

What's your projector setup. I am hugely curious about that. I just wired mine normally and they worked But I have having some issues now with the right side headlamp socket not getting power. I don't need hi beams any more with the HIDS
                        99 Katana GSX600F -03 Bandtana GSX1200F- 06 Charger Daytona R/T

The Tallest KAT Rider.. Out there! PERIOD.

Comment

Sucess I installed a in4004 diode between the hi and lo trigger. HIDS now stay on through both cycles hi/lo. Nbx33 I followed UNO s I wear my sunglasses at nite write up for mounting projectors in my headlight assembly
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X