X

Turn Signal Help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn Signal Help

I finally got my bike running, and it is just in time for some awesome weather here in Indiana! I do, however, have a small issue. My bike doe snot (nor did it when I bought it) have turn signals. Using hand signals makes me nervous because I am afraid that some drivers do not know them. What would be involved in mounting a universal set on my bike? I would need something that is not anything like stock katana ones because my bike has been chopped up quite a bit lol If nothing else, how hard is it to wire integrated taillights? I have an led rear taillight already. I plan on buying a new turn signal switch so that i will have wiring.
    1989 GSX600F Streetfighter- First Bike!

You can replace the LED rear with an R1 LED tail light. The front is what ever you can get to fit where you want them. After market LEDS will work on both ends but, you'll need an LED compatible flasher.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      You can replace the LED rear with an R1 LED tail light. The front is what ever you can get to fit where you want them. After market LEDS will work on both ends but, you'll need an LED compatible flasher.
      So when I buy the new turn signal switch, the wires that are on that would connect to the R1 tail light? Also, The only gauge that I have currently is a speedometer that I do not think works correctly. Is there a way to verify if it is working or not? Would a digital gauge that had other gauges (tach etc) on it be simple to install?
      1989 GSX600F Streetfighter- First Bike!

Comment

Yes, 100% guaranty that the speedo is off,they all are. If you change tire sizes or sprockets if will be worse. Digital speedo compatibility Depends on the gauge set, pre kats use a cable off the front wheel, post bikes use a speed sensor off the drive sprocket, which makes it easier for post bikes. There is a speedo that comes with a sensor that you add to make it work. I can't remember who makes it.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
        X