X

ready to rip my hair out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ready to rip my hair out

So my pre750 is losing power before it gets to the coil. Battery is good (tested bike with a confirmed good battery) volts at the coils are 9v. Im seriously at a loss here. Everything looks good. What could be causing the issue? All grounds are good. Even had a fellow KR member look over her today. His help is how we figured out where the voltage drop is at. Solution? Thanks KR!
    J'ai Aime, J'ai Souffert, Maintenant, Je Hais...

which is translated from french 2 english reads:

I have loved. I have suffered. Right now, I hate.

Measure voltage at every connection starting at the battery, and work your way forward to the coils, immediately before and after each connection. When the voltage drops, after a connection, clean the connection. If it drops between connections, find where the wire is broken/frayed/repair/replace as necessary.

Coil relay mod is also an option. But I'd recommend ^ first.

Just reread. If you know exactly where the drop is happening, clean/repair/replace. Shouldn't be complicated.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
      Measure voltage at every connection starting at the battery, and work your way forward to the coils, immediately before and after each connection. When the voltage drops, after a connection, clean the connection. If it drops between connections, find where the wire is broken/frayed/repair/replace as necessary.

Coil relay mod is also an option. But I'd recommend ^ first.

Just reread. If you know exactly where the drop is happening, clean/repair/replace. Shouldn't be complicated.

I did have to rewire the blades for the coil packs ill double check my wiring.

Comment

Update! She runs!!! Not sure what I did exactly but she runs lol.

Comment

Sounds like a loose connection then if all you did was like about. Probably a good idea to wiggle things around some more and see if you can locate it so it doesn't come loose while you're on the freeway 100 miles from home
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Sounds like a loose connection then if all you did was like about. Probably a good idea to wiggle things around some more and see if you can locate it so it doesn't come loose while you're on the freeway 100 miles from home
            That def sounds like a plan.

Comment

+1

Happened to me.
              1990 GSX1100F- abandoned in 2005, rescued by me in 2011, I'm gonna ride it if it's the last thing I do.

1981 GS750EX- Father in law gave to me, full resto in progress with late model suspension.

1979 GS850G Free shafty

1978 GS550E- The wife bought it for me for father's day (So she could learn to ride on it too)

1977 RM80- My son's resto.... he's 3...

2012 Qigo quad- pink Camo for my little princess.

Comment

Working...
              X