X

Racing Suits Suggestions.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing Suits Suggestions.

I am looking to grab new racing suit. Alpinestars and Cortech is my favorite brand but they are quiet expensive, So want to hear from you guys for any other recommendations.
    Last edited by Nicolas; 02-17-2015, 06:35 AM.

Depends on how you're going to use it. Actual racing at very high SS bike speeds, don't skimp. Better suits have better protection. Mini racing like I'm doing, get the cheapest you can. Speeds aren't that great, and you WILL go down if you're racing. With real racing, figure that the suit is a wear item, like brake pads. If it's just for protection for general riding and the occasional track day, then get the cheapest that is comfortable for you. I have Dainese 2 piece that I wear for the rally and long fun trips, but a cheap Frank Thomas 1 piece that I use for the mini racing.

Comment

what's your budget?

Hit up ebay, craigslist and your local bike forums for sale section. you can always find guys who have switch bikes and buy new gear to match then sell off their old stuff.
      Kyle

Comment

I saw some suits at Berts for under 300, they looked like vomit though. Your best bet as far as price is probably the cortech. The average price looks to be just over 500 online from the looks of it. I have not seen many cheaper that offer what the cortech does.

Comment

i have a Frank Thomas one piece suit for sale. i got it from friend that sold his bike, its just a little to small for me. if you are interested send me a message.

Comment

I picked up my Fieldsheer leathers brand new threw EBay at a great price.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Decide on 1 piece, or 2 piece. Then find a brand that fits. I wouldn't recommend just running out and buying the cheapest one you can find as you may have a problem fitting into it....
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

If you want a high quality suit for a comparatively reasonable price give Hazardous Racing a look http://hazardousracing.com/ . I know the owner here in Charlotte, NC, and got to see some of his suits when they were in the prototype phases and full production. They seem very well built/high quality.
                John,
                '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X