X

'02 katana 600 won't hold charge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '02 katana 600 won't hold charge

I have an '02 Katana 600 that has a few issues. Last week the high beam indicator decided to stay on no matter how many times i flipped the switch. Than yesterday, I had an embarrassing moment @ the grocery store when the bike wouldn't start and the battery sounded weak than died. I jumped the bike and it died about a block down the road. I then jumped it again and this time let it idle for a while longer finally riding it all over town before I shut it down. 5 hours later the bike started up fine and I road to a bar. When I came out approx. 2 hours later the bike was dead again. The battery was purchased new in June 2011. Could there be an issue with the bike being out in the rain? Please help, I'm ready 2 ride!!!

Do you have a multimeter to check voltages with?

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
      Do you have a multimeter to check voltages with?
      No. Not @ the present.

Comment

Well, other than taking the alternator out and having it tested, there is not a whole lot you can do with electrical problems without a multimeter.

Comment

Get a volt meter and new battery. Your old one is toast at this point, even if the problem IS the charging system.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
            Well, other than taking the alternator out and having it tested, there is not a whole lot you can do with electrical problems without a multimeter.
            k thanx... imma try n get 1 2day...

Comment

Working...
            X