X

GSX750ES Engine TearDown Pics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSX750ES Engine TearDown Pics

I've just started Engine strip down which wasnt planned.Engine painting was planned ,but it turns out most of the Exhaust studs are Foobar,so the Cylinder Head had to come off to get the broken Studs out and Heli-Coiled.Getting the Head off was Fun the two centre front Holdown studs were seized in the head, and it wouldnt budge,anyhow they gave in eventually..
    The Head came off with no Damage,but needs work,a Decoke,valves regrinding,and new valve stem seals.
    While at this stage I will fit a new endless cam chain,and de-glaze the cylinder bores,which will mean a total stripdown......more pics to come no doubt.

Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks Its Head out of a car Window

I've got a slight leak at one of the oil pipes - replacing it means pulling the head- so I'll be doing this all in the not so distant future myself. Hope it goes smoothly for you!

And thanks for pics!!
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Carpe Jugulum...
      1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

You mean Fubar clean version. Fouled Up Beyond All Recognition
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
        X