X

Clutch Adjustment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Adjustment

I have 1993 1100 Katana with the hyd. clutch.
    I was bleeding my front brakes today and decided to check the clutch reservoir. It was low and looked really dirty so I decided to bleed the clutch also.
    Before bleeding the system my clutch would not start engaging until letting the lever out about 1/2 of the travel.
    Now after bleeding, it starts engaging almost immediatly upon releasing the lever.
    How do I adjust this?

Thanks,
    Lee

curious as well, mine is at the very end, wish it was sooner
    1990 Big Kat 1100 "AKA" The Dirty Rocket

Comment

if you clutch is fully disengaged when the lever is pulled in all the way, and starts to engage as soon as you start releasing the lever, then I would say it is working perfectly.
      why would you want to make any adjustments? that "half travel" is wasted space. I think once you get used to it the way it is now, you will find you have a lot more clutch control at parking lot speeds.

FYI....you can't adjust a hydraulic clutch. the only possible thing you can do is change the length of the push rod, but you need to know what you are doing with that. you could end up with the clutch not disengaging completely.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I thought there would have been a way to adjust the rod length or something, but if not, I guess I will have to live with it.
        I am going to rebleed the system one more time just to make sure I did it right.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by rotax21 View Post
          I thought there would have been a way to adjust the rod length or something, but if not, I guess I will have to live with it.
          I am going to rebleed the system one more time just to make sure I did it right.

Thanks for the info.
          I love the way my '88s clutch engages after it's been bled. It's near the top right about where I like it. Great control at lower speeds (I'll have to try that "slower speed" thing sometime )
          The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

I re-bled the clutch today and it was back to where I like it. I guess the first time I bled it I left air in the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
              if you clutch is fully disengaged when the lever is pulled in all the way, and starts to engage as soon as you start releasing the lever, then I would say it is working perfectly.
              why would you want to make any adjustments? that "half travel" is wasted space. I think once you get used to it the way it is now, you will find you have a lot more clutch control at parking lot speeds.

FYI....you can't adjust a hydraulic clutch. the only possible thing you can do is change the length of the push rod, but you need to know what you are doing with that. you could end up with the clutch not disengaging completely.

I know this is an old thread but I'm interested in learning more about the different length clutch pushrods. I recall reading a post a few weeks back about someone having two different length rods, but I can't find that thread now.

Can you help?

Thanks,

Jake

Comment

Working...
              X