X

Good deal????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good deal????

Im really looking forward in buying a sportbike...like most my age cash is not plentyful looking for something under 2,500 in memphis area

2002 Suzuki Katana 600
    9K miles, Light damage to side fairings.

$2,495

damage can be seen here.

I wouldn't say its a horrible deal. I'm about to post a thread myself on a similar model with similar damage. The only thing I'd be worried about is the rust on the tank. You may be able to get that removed and protect the metal. Anyway, the NADA value on that bike is around 3300 (same as mine) and the lowest I've seen it going for around Indiana is 3500 pristine (3200 for the one I'm looking at w/ some minor damage).

If you want that bike, like the looks, and don't mind taking a pretty good hit on the resale value, it may be your best option. If you're looking for an 02' or better Katana for less money, it won't happen. However, if you're looking for a bike that doesn't have any damage for a similar price you'll probably be waiting a while for a much older model.

Its really up to you if you think its worth taking the hit on resale. Also, be sure to have it inspected before you buy it so you know there is no other damage.

Comment

thanks for the quick reply...Im working 2 jobs this summer to save up for a bike...

Comment

Not a bad deal but I think you could talk him down a little. The body damage does not look too bad. Some plastic welding and you could make it look perfect. Gas tanks can be bought on flea bay for cheap and a nice aftermarket can and that messed up one there would not be an issue.
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

I bought my 2002 for $2500 and it had some damage but not that much. I had to buy a replacement right main fairing and it was back to normal again. I'd try to talk it down a little

2002 Katana 600
          1999 Ford F150

Comment

Working...
          X