X

kat decals removed easily, 600 decal glue won't budge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kat decals removed easily, 600 decal glue won't budge

the other day i removed my original graphics on my 01 600 by peeling them off with my finger nail and then using some rubbing alcohol on an elect buffer i removed the silver paint below. the glue came off with some brake cleaner and some elbow grease, but i cannot get the glue under my 600 sticker to budge. i've tried, alcohol, wd40, brake cleaner, polish, and even a dremmel tool. have any suggestions?

Prep-All, available at any Autozone. I used it on mine and it works great.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

yeah the 750 is still visible on mine as well. i used an adhesive remover but its outline is still visible.

Comment

do a search on this. There have been tons of threads on it.
        It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

are you removing them to paint the bike, or just to have your bike sticker free? if it is to paint the bike, go with 100-120 grit sandpaper, then prime.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by teddy
            Prep-All, available at any Autozone. I used it on mine and it works great.
            For Real Ill have to check into that If I decide to remove my decals
            Im iffy about doing it cuz of all the different good & bad results I hearing other KR's but I'll think about it my question is will it ruin the paint

Comment

It just takes some serious time. You would never know the stickers were on mine, pretty sure i used goo gone but this was almost 2 years ago...
              2005 Katana 600
              2005 GSX-R 600

Comment

clay bar works the best

Comment

there is a handy little tool that fits in a drill that is made to remove all stickers. it is often referred to as an "eraser", but it is just a rubber wheel. if you use the search, you will find it. it costs all of $15 at the most and is about the quickest way possible to remove stickers.
                  I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

+1 on the clay bar, if its just a residue.
                    If you've got a lot of build up on it the clay will just stick to it and make a bigger mess.

To help with any excessive gunk left behind, get a small soft, plastic spatula. like for doing plaster or bondo, something like that
                    Then with a very clean rag, make like a barrier under the part you want to clean. spray some electronics cleaner lightly over the gunk.
                    Might have to let it sit a fwe seconds if it needs to be softened up.
                    If its soft enough to push with the spatula you have, just push it and it will roll up.

The electronics clear should not hurt the paint at all, though I strong recommend not leaving it to find out.
                    any film left behind should wipe right off, or clay bar the left overs for good measure.

Just my suggestion.

Comment

try goo gone

Comment

I just removed all of the adhesive on my bike using the rubber eraser in my cordless drill. It worked great.
                        Ride fast and keep the rubber side down...

Comment

Originally posted by katrider86
                          try goo gone
                          Goo gone worked for me to remove ALL OEM stickers.

Comment

hair dryer and goo gone works just great.

Comment

goo gone....plus one
                              06 KAT 600

Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

Comment

Working...
                              X