X

Integrated Turn Signal Review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integrated Turn Signal Review

I installed Clear Alternative tail light with integrated turn signal last week. Her is my brief review:
    Pros:
    Cleans the back of the kat very well. After I removed the shovel, and installed it, the back of my Kat look very sexy and mean.

Cons:
    1- very expensive. I paid $81 after the forum discount.
    2- It is not bright during daylight.
    3- It is not visible from blind spots.
    4- You have to look at it at the right angle. Because it is LED lights, it is not very visible at wide angle.

Overall, I am not very satisfied. I am very concern now about safty, and how other motorest will know where I am turning.

I am sorry to hear you are disappointed in something you have purchased. I have no experiece with the clear alternative brand, but have had great satisfaction out of LED light kits. As far as ur safety goes u being comfortable on ur bike is the most important thing. If u are tenative about ur ride i suggest u reintall the factory lights.

Hope u find a happy solution...Im sure someone will buy ur new kit here if u decide to sell.
    <---Whatever or Whoever u do RIDE it hard--->

Comment

Suggest you consider adding additional lighting in that case, such as rear/side mounted low-profile blinkers and maybe an license plate holder with integrated brake light function. Or, as was suggested, go back to stock.
      PM me if you need help locating appropriate items.

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I followed behind Z at the rally a few times and his seemed to be pretty visible to me. But if you feel like your visibility has been compromised then by all means some flush mount or low profile signals will definately help your cause.

Comment

Yeah , I haven't seen many turn signals that were NOT stock that were very visible .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I have the Clear Alternative rear light and it is quite visible straight on but does lose intensity at different angle of view. I bought cat-eye turn signals to supplement them.
            "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Originally posted by md86
              Yeah , I haven't seen many turn signals that were NOT stock that were very visible .
              I think that's why many of them are not DOT approved. I've been looking for some "cool" turn signals but all the nice ones are not approved by DOT and can be a red flag to getting pulled over...I've heard from other riders this has happened...

Originally posted by Kat-A-Tonic
              ...I bought cat-eye turn signals to supplement them...
              A buddy of mine got pulled over just because of those signals. Not to say they are bad but if a cop wants to be a real pr!ck he can pull you over for them...sometimes its just worth putting the stock ones back on..
              Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
                Originally posted by Kat-A-Tonic
                ...I bought cat-eye turn signals to supplement them...
                A buddy of mine got pulled over just because of those signals. Not to say they are bad but if a cop wants to be a real pr!ck he can pull you over for them...sometimes its just worth putting the stock ones back on..
                Uh oh...I hope its different in Canada because I did the shovel chop and can't remount the signals.
                "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Well hell , Canada's almost like another country entirely .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i don't like most integrated turn signals. mini's aren't as noticable as the OEM signals but work well.

btw - in traffic i use hand signals along with turn signals.

tim

Comment

Working...
                    X