X

stator replacement question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stator replacement question

i own an 1982 katana 1000, and recently swapped out the stator cover with one from a newer 1983 model. noticed too late that the mounting hole pattern for the stator is different.

since i already have everything apart, i thought i may as well replace the stator too, and solve the current mismatch dilemma.

is the electrosport G014 a good choice? there are also competing unbranded ones for as low as $35 which are tempting. i'm not even sure the stock rectifier can handle a higher output modern stator. so perhaps a generic one will be kinder to the fragile electrical system.

If I were replacing the stator, I'd use one from Rick's Motorsports, pricey, but always first quality.

Some others may chime in, though with their preferences.

GS1000SZ, GS1100EZ, GS1000ST (Wes Cooley)

Comment

thanks for the advice. the rick's motorsport part number comes up as 21-302.
      that part supposedly fits both the 1982 and 1983 katana models.

in reality though, there are differences. the mounting hardware hole pattern does not match up, and the older mounting hardware size was 5mm rather than 6mm.

Comment

Originally posted by teigan View Post
        thanks for the advice. the rick's motorsport part number comes up as 21-302.
        that part supposedly fits both the 1982 and 1983 katana models.

in reality though, there are differences. the mounting hardware hole pattern does not match up, and the older mounting hardware size was 5mm rather than 6mm.
        I just did a quick search to see if Rick's had it. I haven't purchased one for my '82 Kat, so I'm not aware of the mounting differences. Maybe the Electrosport model is the way to go.?
        GS1000SZ, GS1100EZ, GS1000ST (Wes Cooley)

Comment

Working...
        X