X

Keyless gas cap sugestions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyless gas cap sugestions

My OEM gas cap is done. I would like to find an OEM-looking gas cap to replace it. Does anyone know of one available? I know others types of keyless gas caps out there, the prices amaze me but I’ll deal. Any info or lead would be helpful… Thanks.
    Sarkj
    1992 Katana 600

Here is something to try (maybe on your old cap)
    Pull the tumblers out and see if you can make it work that way. By that I mean if you can sucessfully remove them you can get an Ebay cap and do it with that one too. Then you can use your existing key.
    I did this on my seat lock when it started acting fussy.

Vortex make a keyless one. It's sharp but pricey Over $100 I think

Comment

I knew of Vortex, and a few other but at 120 to 150 bucks( depending on the website) I think is a little steep I think. But if that is my only option then so be it.
      Sarkj
      1992 Katana 600

Comment

jimmie (hs2020) has a vortex cap and it is really nice. I would keep an eye on ebay maybe a stock one or even a vortex will show up.

Comment

Last time I priced the Vortex systems, they were about $80 - $90 with the receiver ring and the cap. Maybe you should search again...

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

he he last time i lost a key for my cap i had to pull up at the gas station and undo the allen bolts to pry it off till i got a new one .... that was on my yammie tzr lol....... got lots of funny looks but hey, the term ride it like ya stole it well i was riding like i stole it!! i can get my cap off just with the 4 allen bolts so id just do that and keep my eye out for one
            i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

That trick normally won't work on a Kat -- you can't remove the cap assembly simply removing the bolts unless the cap is unlocked...

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

well you could wait till you get a new cap and drill the lock i suppose......but im guessing you still need to use the bike??
                ah well im stuck for ideas!!! unless ya wanna take off the tank and petcock and fill it from there each time you fill : no! silly idea
                sorry dude! no idea.
                i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

When picking a gas cap, remember all of the following are interchangable:
                  Kat 600 88-97
                  Kat 750 89-97
                  GS500E 89-2000
                  GSF600S Bandit 96-99
                  GSF1200S Bandit 97-2000
                  GSXF1200SA Bandit 97
                  RF600R 94-97
                  RF900RZ 95

Here's a sub-$50 brand-new aftermarket solution with keys that will fit:

This part will fit, includes the key and the surround. Only problem is getting them to ship it from the UK.

You might also be able to track down one of these racing fuel cell caps that should fit (keyless, appears keyed):

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                    That trick normally won't work on a Kat -- you can't remove the cap assembly simply removing the bolts unless the cap is unlocked...

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    That is where you are incorrect sir. You have obviously never seen corey and I use power tools
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                      That is where you are incorrect sir. You have obviously never seen corey and I use power tools
                      No, but I have heard about your home-made lobotomy kits

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

caps w/o keys go pretty cheap on ebay, and my local locksmitch charged me only $18 to make a key for a cap I bought off of ebay. just an idea
                        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                          No, but I have heard about your home-made lobotomy kits

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Or just pry it out with a BIG freakin screwdriver . Of course , then tank may never be usable again .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I thought you uys never left any witnesses?

Comment

There is a Vortex gas cap on ebay right now for 89.99.
                              Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                              -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                              -Terence

Comment

Working...
                              X