X

how to clean carburetors?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to clean carburetors?

can anyone tell me step by step how to go about cleaning carbs. or where i can find this information. thanks.
    ~ZAK~

click on the link at the top of the page that says search. Then just type in what you are looking for and you should find plenty of threads on it.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

if you read through my jetkit page
      motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

this will help get the carbs out & disassembled. buy a couple cans of carb cleaner - pull all the jets & float and spray all the passageways & the jets themselves.

tim

Comment

i had no clue as well how to do mine, but having them apart a couple times a good knowledge of working on cars, it is one of those things as you get into it you figure it out. a how to would be like turn screw driver left take it out and clean.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Brake cleaner works better than carb cleaner , and you can buy cans of compressed air . Biggest problem is the teeny-tiny holes of the pilot circuit . They're sometimes tough to get TOTALLY cleaned-out .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Use the service manual, heed the warnings, Use the tools suggested(ie. Impact driver, good screwdrivers, Spray carb cleaner)
            An Ole man once said:"It is better to be thought a fool because of silence, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

Comment

And something to keep parts in as you take them off . Preferrably 4 somethings to keep parts seperate .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

good info

Frank
                "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is not safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
                ~ Helen Keller, The Open Door (1927)
                '91 600 purchased in January 2000 with 7,707 miles

Comment

Working...
                X