X

Pre 98 mirrors on a Kat....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre 98 mirrors on a Kat....

I have the stock mirrors on my 89 Katana 600 and I don't like the way they look...From the front they look like bull horns...That's not bad if you live in Texas (no offense to anyone in Texas with the horns on the convertible Cadillac's) but I'm looking to stream down the look...I notices BearKat has GSXR mirrors but what year will fit on my type of Katana? Is there any modification to the base that needs to be done? Just looking for some advice..
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

try 98+ mirrors and refer to this recent thread http://www.katriders.com/forums/view...138&highlight=

good luck!
    Hello World.

Comment

98+ mirrors are head n shoulders about the pre 98 ones, IMO.

Comment

I have a 90 and I can see my shoulders just fine in my mirrors. Hoo hoo! I kill me!!

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

The thread you got reffered to was started by me. Anyways I have the same problem only thing never got around to changing them out of sheer laziness. Recently moved my bike using a movers and they broke one of my mirrors so had this idea of getting the 98+ mirrors.....i had heard and seen of bikes that had them on other Kat forums so was curious if someone had a DIY for drilling the holes and such for non-gear heads like me.

Comment

I just ordered the 98+ mirrors off of ebay, I'm going to put them on my pre 98, I imagine I'll just make a cardboard template of the mounting holes and drill the proper holes in the new mirrors, since it's rubber I doubt you will even need to tap the hole.

Comment

Originally posted by paperairplane
              I have a 90 and I can see my shoulders just fine in my mirrors. Hoo hoo! I kill me!!

woo hoo...such the comedian you are....but i cant see my head unless i bend down really far though

Comment

I believe the F3 mirrors (Honda CBR600F3) are a direct bolt up for the pre-98 Kats, but I can't be 100% 'cause I haven't done it myself
                My first aid kit comes with lights and siren

But sir, we are Navy SEALs, we are supposed to be surrounded...

Comment

Huh , anyone care to test this theory ?
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                  X