Finding Parts for Carb Rebuild

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Parts for Carb Rebuild

Hello folks,

91 600 Katana. Cleaning my carbs and trying to find parts for what needs to be replaced.

I have found this kit by searching here:
    Be sure to add me to your !4 BRAND NEW CARB KITSFITS:90-97 GSX600F KATANAThanksOn Oct-09-03 at 03:20:11 PDT, seller added the following information: After purchasing, pay instantly with your credit card through PayPal!

However, I don't think this contains everything I need. Here is what I know I need:

- Small Pilot jet Plugs
    - One Long spring for Slide

- O-rings on bottom of tan plastic diaphragms:

I have seen a set of used springs on ebay, but if I can buy a single new one that would be great. I am also unsure of where to get the pilot jet plugs and diaphragm o-rings. I have also read that the sync caps (?) may need to be replaced if they are cracked, although I didn't see anything, and I am away from them at the moment.

If anyone has suggestions of where to find the needed pieces, that would be great Thanks!
    Last edited by Heeltoeclutch; 10-08-2016, 12:10 AM.

www.bikebandit.com or www.ronayers.com
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post

Excellent - thanks 92x. I've been looking for a fiche-type site for parts.

Could anyone verify that the pilot jet plug is the following on this page?

35: PLUG

Edit: I also can't seem to find the O-Rings on the bottom of the tan plastic diaphragms. EDIT #2: I now see that #7 Plumbing O-rings from Home Depot should work for these. I will have to try this!
      Last edited by Heeltoeclutch; 10-10-2016, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Those were included in the kits I got for my 1100. Never opened the kits I got for my 600, never had the need...
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
          Those were included in the kits I got for my 1100. Never opened the kits I got for my 600, never had the need...

Thanks shpielers - I am now considering just ordering the parts I need from BikeBandit. My float bowl gaskets are in good shape; the main things I need are O-rings and plugs. That way I would also know exactly what I'm getting. The "carb rebuild kits" I have found don't really spell it all out.

I'll price it out and see if I save any money.

Comment

Working...
          X