No announcement yet.
X

Is my bike lowered????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, if you are that out of practice I would recommend taking the class over again just as a refresher. I know it's expensive but it's a lot safer to re-learn in a closed course environment then out on the street where you have to worry about a lot more than which lever is the clutch.
    "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Originally posted by 1FSTKAT View Post
      Honestly, if you are that out of practice I would recommend taking the class over again just as a refresher. I know it's expensive but it's a lot safer to re-learn in a closed course environment then out on the street where you have to worry about a lot more than which lever is the clutch.
      No I rode all last year with my boyfriend (in case I tipped over). I guess I shouldn't say Im inexperienced. Now that I think about it, I did pretty darn good for my first bike, probably because of the course I took.

I will just try to lower the front and see if I can handle the weight a little easier. I just like to talk I guess lol

very helpful peeps, thanks!

Comment

Well if its that tall for you drop it a bit more (as in lower, not drop it on the pavement), check out the pictures of my bike

And you can get sliders and good gear but falling or sliding at any speed is still going to hurt
        Find a bike with a stock motor that has miles than mine and ill personally send you a certificate declaring your awesomness

Comment

Originally posted by 0241135 View Post
          'scuse my ignorance once again but im assuming that your 10 cm and 20 cm measurements were not of the link itself? I measure the link itself on my bike and between the distance of the two mounting bolts through the link is roughly 20 cms and the next mounting hole on the link would probably be around 22cms (I didnt measure that one so im am guessing while looking at a tape measure ).

SO im thinking my bike has already been lowered by one inch (by what you have shown me -my bike height looks like your second picture-) and going by the links available through ebay, the next hole would lower my bike by three inches from stock (which would be too low for me).

Im assuming the longer the link, the lower the bike (from what I have conjured up from internet articles). Pretty please correct me if Im wrong lol. This is kind of like a learning project for me and I am already gaining much knowledge and I will learn even more when I change out the tires. My boyfriend is a vehicle mechanic so he has some know how but not in the lowering-of-bikes department.
          Yes my measurements were from the center of the hole to center of the other hole. The farther the holes are apart the lower the bike will be. Watch your rear tire/wheel clearance as well as muffler, rear pegs, anything that may rub if you are going down the road. ESPECIALLY if carrying a passenger!
          sigpic
          Sometimes life throws you a few curves...lean with it ! !

Comment

check your triple tree. probably pushed thru in front and links on the back

Comment

Working...
            X