X

newbie from ky

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie from ky

hello there, im a new rider from good ol kentucky. i dont currently own a bike, but im looking to own one in the very near future. i just want to make sure the katana is the right bike for me. i have riden a yamaha virago and a yamaha yzf600r, so i've had a taste of both worlds. im plan on riding to work which is about 20 miles away, so i need something that will be comfortable. i was first considering a gsxr600 but then i read that they arent comfortable for long rides and they arent the best starter bikes. i also plan on crusing the occasional country road so i need something that can handle some twisty roads. is the katana 600 the right bike for me? another thing im worried about is weight, im 6 ft tall and only weigh 150 lbs, but i've never had any trouble holding up other bikes. any inspirational input would be appreciated!

welcome!

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders tylert6785.
      From your description it sounds like the Kat is just the bike you are looking for.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Welcome to KR! And the Katana should be everything your looking for but I would go with a 750. If you have had a yzf 600r, than you know what a sportbike should do and the extra power a 750 has is nice as far as katana's are concerned.
        "I wanna go fast"

Comment

how much of a difference is there between the katana 750 and the gsxr600? i really would like to get a gsxr but i know i'll end up gettin wild on it and killing myself...

Comment

Hey Tyler,

First of all, welcome to KR. Hope you enjoy it. Second of all, I think that you'd be very happy with the 750. After you ride the Kat 600 for a couple of weeks, you'll wish you had bought the 750. I don't think the 750 still has the kick of a gixxer600, but you'll get much more out of it, including the comfort that you'll want for commuting to work and back. At 6ft. tall, you'll treasure every little bit of legroom you can get...trust me!

Comment

Welcome to KR from Seattle!

I am a new rider (since March) and the Kat 750 is my first bike. I am 6'4" and 250 lbs and the bike has plenty of power. It's by far the most comfortable for me. I do the same type of riding as you will be doing and know that it would be the best bike for your needs. I would also suggest getting the 750 for a little extra kick.
              00 Katana 750

Comment

thanks for the suggestions, i suppose i'll have to look around for a katana 750!

Comment

Trust me, you'll be glad you did!

Comment

hello and welcome.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders

I don't think you can go wrong with either one, the Katana 600 or 750.

I would just shop around. If you see a nice 750 get it otherwise get the 600. I would just get the nicest bike I could, for the money I wanted to spend.
                      2007 Honda CBR600rr
                      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                      sigpic

Comment

G`day and welcome to KR

Zepp`s comment +1

Comment

Originally posted by tylert6785
                          how much of a difference is there between the katana 750 and the gsxr600? i really would like to get a gsxr but i know i'll end up gettin wild on it and killing myself...
                          Well now , Katanas may be considered by many to be a beginner or girls bike and such , but if you're worried about your self control and getting "wild" , you can SURE get yourself in trouble on a Kat almost as quick . Going from 0 to go-directly-to-jail speeds on EITHER bike happens in mere seconds , with a GSXR6 getting there JUST a tad quicker . Yeah , they're DAMN good bikes , but not the chick bike that most SS owners would tell you they are .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

welcome to kr what part of ky
                            sigpic

Comment

i live in versailles, how far is vine grove from me?

Comment

Working...
                              X